ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legal Challenge against Home Office Tier 2, Tier 1 etc.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

subujoseph
India

Legal Challenge against Home Office Tier 2, Tier 1 etc.

Post by subujoseph » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Dear All,

I am sure there are many of us who are in a same situation. I'm proposing to legally challenge the "atrocities" of UKVI - the never ending exorbitant visa fee increases, NHS surcharges and £35k requirement for ILR etc.

We people who are on Tier 2 pay all the taxes, NI etc, never claim a penny in benefits have to be at the receiving end of the stick always. The actual cost to UKVI to grant a visa is much much much less than what they are currently charging.

Yet they allow people from EU, the refugees etc. to come here freely, claim benefits etc. I don't have any problem with them coming in but why penalise highly skilled people who are in Tier 2 category.

If there are enough people, we can come together, request legal aid and raise a class actions against UKVI. What are your thoughts.

It is better to do something rather than doing nothing. I don't think anyone has challenged the NHS surcharge - which is really atrocious.

Please post your thoughts.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Legal Challenge against Home Office Tier 2, Tier 1 etc.

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Visa processing costs are neutral to the British taxpayer, the reason they are so high is the cost of policing the T1/T2 fraudsters, cheats, tax-fiddlers and abusers we so so many of on here.

IHS is a bargain, should be higher, here in Ireland I get to pay for health insurance visa PRSI ie as NI in UK, and 170 quid a month to ensure I get treated quickly as the health service here is flooded with foreigners.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

subujoseph
India

Post by subujoseph » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:18 pm

This is not about fraudsters tricksters cheaters etc. Its about honest tax paying, law abiding, highly skilled migrants who contribute a lot to the UK economy. It is unfair to "punish" honest migrants - so are you saying these honest migrants should be held responsible for all the criminals in the UK and they should pay for their atrocities? So please, lets just not veer away from the actual issue here. In the UK, NHS is funded by the tax payer and through NI etc - which all Tier 2/Tier 5 migrants pay. (Yet, they don't receive any benefits nor are looking to get any benefits!) They pay all the taxes etc without fail. Is it fair to ask them to pay for the benefit seekers?

Out of the foreigners that you see in the hospitals, have you checked how many of them are tax payers. I'll bet 90% of them are non-tax or NI payers and also claim benefits.

The argument is simple. Honest immigrants pay all the taxes, levies and charges and yet they are treated as scum - This is unfair.

TBH, all highly skilled migrants would have a far better life in UK if they were refugees.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

It's about two things to me - neutral cost to taxpayer - tick (if you beleive the UKVI)

NHS costs, I've paid around 6 figures into the pot over my working life, and took very little out, I think it's fair to ask a migrant to chuck a bit more in since they've no record of paying, £100/150 a month is what I'd propose, still cheap.

We all have to pay for the spongers and work-shy, migrant and non-migrant have to get used to that.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Not sure if I would agree on the neutral cost to taxpayer aspect. Application fees for certain categories do seem to be yielding hefty profits to the UKVI

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/another ... s-2017-18/

Nevertheless, it is the migrants choice to come here and pay the price for it
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm

poper wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm
Not sure if I would agree on the neutral cost to taxpayer aspect. Application fees for certain categories do seem to be yielding hefty profits to the UKVI

I remember drinking in a bar Bolton in the 70's with the owner, one Pedro from Spain - all before FoM etc, when he was in Spain he had people from Blackburn complaining about this and that Spain, his answer stands the the test of time...

"If you don't like it, why not foock off back to Blackburn..."

subujoseph
India

Post by subujoseph » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm
poper wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 pm

I remember drinking in a bar Bolton in the 70's with the owner, one Pedro from Spain - all before FoM etc, when he was in Spain he had people from Blackburn complaining about this and that Spain, his answer stands the the test of time...

"If you don't like it, why not foock off back to Blackburn..."
This is exactly what this is about: - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call ... r-services

This only affects highly skilled immigrants who came his in 2009-2011 etc. I do not have a problem with UK govt putting whatever rules they want. The issue is changing something every year. At least they could exempt people who were already here before they start changing rules and fees etc. The problem here is you can't plan for your future, by the time you re-plan according to the new rules, they introduce another set of new rules. Where will it end. Is all about the Hostile Immigration Policy.