ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous deception and British Passport eligibility

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpingperson
BANNED

Previous deception and British Passport eligibility

Post by helpingperson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello

I have two queries.

1-After ILR, you have to wait for 12 months then you can apply for British Passport, but can you apply 28 days before 12 months or does it have to be after 12 months?

2-Sometime ago I found somewhere on internet that after 10 years deception is not considered. What date does those 10 years start, is that from the date you were first refused on the basis of deception or the date you applied with false document? Please could you share any relevant case law or Home Office document that can help with this.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous deception and British Passport eligibility

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

1-After ILR, you have to wait for 12 months then you can apply for British Passport, but can you apply 28 days before 12 months or does it have to be after 12 months?
No you cannot. It must be the full 12 months unless married to a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Thank you.

Please could you advise on point 2 in my post about past deception?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm

helpingperson wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Please could you advise on point 2 in my post about past deception?
I did not answer it as not sure which date and don't feel like reading up on it at this moment. Read the Good Character topic for yourself (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello

Pleas could anyone advise on below regarding past deception and future naturalisation application?

2-Sometime ago I found somewhere on internet that after 10 years deception is not considered. What date does those 10 years start, is that from the date you were first refused on the basis of deception or the date you applied with false document? Please could you share any relevant case law or Home Office document that can help with this.

Does it have to be exact 10 years?

Thank you.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:59 pm

How did you deceive HO & Why?