ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

teen emigration

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xlollenx
Newly Registered

teen emigration

Post by xlollenx » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:13 pm

im 14 years old and my mum and stepdad want to movet to canada. im refusing to go because my dad and friends live here. am i able to stay? my dad lives in england and i live in scotland. but am i able to stay wth my grandmother? or will i haev to move in with my dad?
does anyone know becasue icant find any law on this.

thanks

xx

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:03 am

You should skillfully discuss your concerns with your mum, dad and grandmother.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:25 am

Sorry, I don't know the specific laws of the UK & how they would govern your situation.

However, it seems that you would need your father to have custody of you as a minor for you to stay. Possibly, someone else can be your legal guardian (such as your grandmother), but I don't know if that's possible or how difficult it would be.

One thing I'd also suggest is that you very carefully consider going to Canada. It will be an excellent experience and one that will prove very valuable in your life. Trust me - world travel and the experience of living in another country will help you out far more than they will hurt you.

Just a thought.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom