ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Shared ownership flat

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SandyGarg
Newly Registered

Applying to extend Spouse Dependant Visa- When to apply

Post by SandyGarg » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 am

Hi All,

Please help me with my query.
I arrived UK on 04-12-2015 on my Spouse dependant visa. I need to apply for Leave to Remain(FLR) in 2018. Following are my current visa details :
Date of Issue : 19-11-2015
Date of Expiry : 19-08-2018

I want to apply for my visa as soon as possible. So when is the earliest date I can apply for the extension (FLR) Visa keeping in mind the 5 year rule for the Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Also please let me know what will be the last date I can apply for FLR visa.

The link https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa (section When you can apply to extend or switch) says that the remaining time on visa is added to the new passport and it has a limit of 28 days. Does this apply to me also ?

Thanks in advance,
Sandy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying to extend Spouse Dependant Visa- When to apply

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:34 am

You should apply within 28 days before your reach 2.5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rv2010
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rv2010 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:34 am
Does anyone have a link on .gov.uk to confirm this? I've read many threads on the forum with this same answer but never found a source to confirm it.

The only link I can find is this: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa which says:

"The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission to stay in the UK expires."

This suggests to me that it's the expiry date on the BRP which should be used, rather than the 30-month anniversary of entering the UK. Are there any other sources which say clearly which it is?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:00 am

Be careful of applying for FLR(M) too early, as this may shorten the period available to apply for SET(M). Remind the caseworker that s/he has discretion to add up to 28 extra days, if necessary.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SandyGarg
Newly Registered

Post by SandyGarg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:34 am
Does anyone have a link on .gov.uk to confirm this? I've read many threads on the forum with this same answer but never found a source to confirm it.

The only link I can find is this: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa which says:

When you can apply to extend or switch
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.

If you’re extending your visa to stay with the same family member, any time you have left will be added to your new stay up to a maximum of 28 days.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:11 am

SandyGarg wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:16 pm
If you’re extending your visa to stay with the same family member, any time you have left will be added to your new stay up to a maximum of 28 days.
Only if the caseworker applies the discretion.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rv2010
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rv2010 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am

SandyGarg: I asked this exact question in a different thread and I've just found some text on .gov.uk which answers it. To avoid repetition, I'll just include the link to that thread: immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 50691.html

SandyGarg
Newly Registered

FLR (M) and Redundancy

Post by SandyGarg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Dear All,

I am due to apply for FLR(M) on 15th May 2018 (I will be using same day premium service) and currently earning a salary of 35000 GBP per annum. I am in this same permanent employment since April 2016 and has been made redundant (told by employer today) today, but I will get my final salary (plus any redundancy payment if any) in April 2018.

i.e.
April 2016 till March 2018 - 2.5k credit by my employer every month as salary
Apr 2018 - 2.5k + redundancy payment if any

Now would that be a problem in terms of fulfilling the financial requirement when I apply for FLR on 15th May 2018 as in reality I would not be working on 15th May 2018, please note my bank statement will still be showing the salary credit every month until April 2018.

Does that make sense to apply for FLR now? i.e. a month earlier and submit my bank statement + salary slips from Oct 2017 until Mar 2018? If we do that then I will have to get another extension after 2.5 years before I eligible for ILR.

Shall I look for another job on urgent basis and if lucky to find it then apply for extension in May 2018 under Category 'B' instead of Category 'A'?

My husband is working as self employed and have a 10 months old limited company, so I can not rely on him for financial requirement as HMRC need 1 year accounts.

Please advice what is the best option and if there is any other option available for me?

Thanks
Sandy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) and Redundancy

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SandyGarg
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - Shared ownership flat

Post by SandyGarg » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for FLR(M) next month and I have a question re accommodation proof.

We (I and my husband) lives in a 2 bed room flat which is owned by my husband and his friend on 50-50% basis. My husband pays the full mortgage every month. But we not sending his bank statements because my salary itself satisfy the 18,600£ condition and we are applying under category A.

We have a sale deeds(downloaded from land registry web site - 3£), sale contract and mortgage document. Do we need any other document regarding the accommodation proof? Do we need to send my husband's bank statement as well to prove he is paying the mortgage.

Do we need any letter from my husband's friend that he allowed me and my husband to stay in the property etc?

Look forward for an early reply.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) and Redundancy

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:37 pm
Topics Merged (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SandyGarg
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) - Shared ownership flat

Post by SandyGarg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Whats the point in merging the topic/threads when no one bother to reply to the query?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - Shared ownership flat

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 pm

SandyGarg wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm
Hi All,

I am due to apply for FLR(M) next month and I have a question re accommodation proof.

We (I and my husband) lives in a 2 bed room flat which is owned by my husband and his friend on 50-50% basis. My husband pays the full mortgage every month. But we not sending his bank statements because my salary itself satisfy the 18,600£ condition and we are applying under category A.

We have a sale deeds(downloaded from land registry web site - 3£), sale contract and mortgage document. Do we need any other document regarding the accommodation proof? Do we need to send my husband's bank statement as well to prove he is paying the mortgage.

Do we need any letter from my husband's friend that he allowed me and my husband to stay in the property etc?

Look forward for an early reply.

Thanks
In my opinion the HO had no interest in checking the mortgage payment rather they only concerns about that whether the sufficient accomodation without causing overcrowding is available. As you said that property is in joint names then I think you would have to take a letter from your husband's friend giving you the permission to live. Also remember to include the 2 years of cohabitation evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.