ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for reconsideration- No reply

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I got my citizenship application refused- Please Help

Post by Marryam166 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:42 pm

I applied for British Citizenship last year. I passed life in the UK test, plus I had an ESOL test that I done through a college and I have also got a BA degree however I don't have the degree certificate because I'm doing BA (hons) degree currently and they don't produce the certificate for BA until I graduate from BA (Hons) by the end of this year. I provided them the life in the UK test letter plus ESOL test but they said its not done from an approved centre, however I still had the degree. They asked for proof that I have achieved the degree. I got letters from my university and the transcript for my degree proving that I have achieved the degree. They still refused my application saying that although I have sufficient credits for BA degree, but because I have not been awarded the certificate, therefore they cannot rely upon it to satisfy the language requirements. I am thinking to do the B1 test and apply for reconsideration. I will have the B1 test and life in the UK test notification letter to satisfy the language requirement. Can someone tell me if that would be the best thing to do? Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: I got my citizenship application refused- Please Help

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Last year you submitted an ESOL certificate when SELT B1 from HO approved centres was already a requirement for a number of years. And a degree which hasn't yet been awarded won't be counted. As I understand it reconsideration looks at whether UKVI has made the decision not applying the relevant law and regulations. You can try this by all means but there is no time limit specified for when they have to make a decision. Unless I am corrected here it may be better to apply again with the correct documentation, and B1 is the easiest way.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Marryam166 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 pm

Thank you for your reply. I applied through nationality checking service thinking that they will check everything for me, I basically relied on them as I thought they were professionals which was my mistake. They should have told me that ESOL test is no longer accepted. I was asked to provide a transcript and official letter to say that I’ve achieved the degree which I provided but they never accepted the transcript even though it proves that I have the degree but just waiting for my certificate. Would it be better to wait for my certificate and apply for reconsideration? I’ll get my certificates within 2-4 months.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 am

Marryam166 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 pm
Thank you for your reply. I applied through nationality checking service thinking that they will check everything for me, I basically relied on them as I thought they were professionals which was my mistake. They should have told me that ESOL test is no longer accepted. I was asked to provide a transcript and official letter to say that I’ve achieved the degree which I provided but they never accepted the transcript even though it proves that I have the degree but just waiting for my certificate. Would it be better to wait for my certificate and apply for reconsideration? I’ll get my certificates within 2-4 months.
NCS does not help from application process poitn of view. Their job is to copy the docs and send to home office. They cannot advise you on your application.

You can prove your English by giving extremely easy test like B1

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

You'd have to apply again though. I'd suggest apply online and use NDRS https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service

Now a days it is taking less than few weeks to get approval
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 am

They are not called the "Nationality Copy and Send Service".

They are called Nationality Checking Service. They must be registered with the OISC. Unfortunately, they cannot guarantee the success of an application.

However, their competence should be at least at level 1 standards?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 pm

What route have you taken in the UK, UK Immigration route to ILR or EEA route to PR??

If ILR, did you use the ESOL to apply for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Marryam166 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:31 pm

I took the ILR route, I was granted indefinite leave to remain in 2013. I did ESOL through a college so HO said it’s not accepted since it’s not done through an approved centre. So I am thinking to wait for my BA certificate and apply for reconsideration? That way I’ll meet their requirement or better to apply for reconsideration with a B1 test? Am I right to say that there is no time limit as to when I can apply for reconsideration? Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 am

Take and pass an approved English Language test.

Afterwards, request a reconsideration. Mention that the caseworker had failed to follow their Guidance.
Requesting a re-test wrote:If you are not satisfied with a B1 qualification you must ask the applicant to take a test with one of the providers on the current SELT list, at an approved test centre. See related link.

If the applicant does not send in acceptable evidence that they meet this requirement within the time allowed, you must refuse the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 am

I would follow vinny's advice.

Also note that, ESOL is no longer accepted since 15th November 2015.
I took the ILR route, I was granted indefinite leave to remain in 2013.
Presumably this was BEFORE 28 October 2013??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Marryam166 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:54 am

Yes the application was made around September 2012 for ILR. Can I apply for reconsideration at any time ? Why is my lawyer saying that it has to be done within the 14 days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:18 am

Your 'lawyer' is talking nonsense. The 14 days is ONLY relevant to applications for visa extensions etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Marryam166 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 am

Thank you so much for your reply, I’m now relieved to hear that I have time to take the B1 test and apply for reconsideration.

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I need help to request reconsideration for a refused British Citizenship application

Post by Marryam166 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 pm

I applied for British Citizenship last year. I passed life in the UK test, plus I had an ESOL test that I done through a college and I have also got a BA degree however I don't have the degree certificate because I'm doing BA (hons) degree currently and they don't produce the certificate for BA until I graduate from BA (Hons) by the end of this year. I provided them the life in the UK test letter plus ESOL test but they said its not done from an approved centre, however I still had the degree. They asked for proof that I have achieved the degree. I got letters from my university and the transcript for my degree proving that I have achieved the degree. They still refused my application saying that although I have sufficient credits for BA degree, but because I have not been awarded the certificate, therefore they cannot rely upon it to satisfy the language requirements. I have now passed B1 test and want to request reconsideration. Can someone please tell me what is the procedure for it? I know that I need to fill in a NR form and pay £321 fees for it but, I don't know If i need to submit my passport again? I will be really grateful if someone could help me to write the letter that I need to send them. Thank you very much

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Need help to request reconsideration for a refused British Citizenship application

Post by Marryam166 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 pm

I applied for British Citizenship last year. I passed life in the UK test, plus I had an ESOL test that I done through a college and I have also got a BA degree however I don't have the degree certificate because I'm doing BA (hons) degree currently and they don't produce the certificate for BA until I graduate from BA (Hons) by the end of this year. I provided them the life in the UK test letter plus ESOL test but they said its not done from an approved centre, however I still had the degree. They asked for proof that I have achieved the degree. I got letters from my university and the transcript for my degree proving that I have achieved the degree. They still refused my application saying that although I have sufficient credits for BA degree, but because I have not been awarded the certificate, therefore they cannot rely upon it to satisfy the language requirements. I have now passed B1 test and want to request reconsideration. Can someone please tell me what is the procedure for it? I know that I need to fill in a NR form and pay £321 fees for it but, I don't know If i need to submit my passport again? I will be really grateful if someone could help me to write the letter that I need to send them. Thank you very much

MNaz166
inactive
Pakistan

British Citizenship application was refused- need help with requesting for reconsideration

Post by MNaz166 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Could you please answer my question on the other account ? I desperately need help, if I’m required to pay to get help with writing the letter then please let me know. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: British Citizenship application was refused- need help with requesting for reconsideration

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:16 pm

You cannot provide a new evidence in support of a review, you need to show that the original decision was clearly wrong.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Re: Need help to request reconsideration for a refused British Citizenship application

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:47 am

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Need help to request reconsideration for a refused British Citizenship application

Post by Marryam166 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:55 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes I’m concerned about the fact that I’m going to submit a new certificate with the review however I’m also going to mention that the original decision was wrong and the reason is because in their guidance it’s clear that an official letter from university and original transcript is sufficient to prove that I satisfy the language requirement.

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

NR form for reconsideration of BC

Post by Marryam166 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the procedure of sending NR form for reconsideration of BC please? I have written a letter but I don’t know if NR form has to be hand written and I need to explain everything in the form? I thought I’ll be able to attach a letter to it? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:47 am
Posts merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NR form for reconsideration of BC

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 am

Marryam166 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 pm
Hi guys, can anyone tell me the procedure of sending NR form for reconsideration of BC please? I have written a letter but I don’t know if NR form has to be hand written and I need to explain everything in the form? I thought I’ll be able to attach a letter to it? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you
You need to complete the NR from as required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applied for reconsideration- No reply

Post by Marryam166 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi guys, I applied for reconsideration for a refused British Citizenship application on the 5/04/2018, it’s been 3 weeks and I have not heard anything from them. I know there is no time limit as to when they get back to me but I thought they will at least send me a confirmation that they have received my application. They have not even taken the money out of the bank so I’m a bit worried. Any advice will be much appreciated :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applied for reconsideration- No reply

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:08 pm

You have been asked previously to keep ALL your questions in ONE topic.
vinny wrote:
Posts merged.
CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 am
vinny wrote:
Posts merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Siriphan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Siriphan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 am

Hi there,
Have you got any update on your application of reconsideration? I got refused the same reason with your case, needed an advice for reconderation application.
Thanks.

Marryam166
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Marryam166 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Siriphan wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 am
Hi there,
Have you got any update on your application of reconsideration? I got refused the same reason with your case, needed an advice for reconderation application.
Thanks.
Hi there,
I finally got a reply and my application for reconsideration has been approved. I received an invitation letter for ceremony. On the letter I was asked to contact the number provided for local council to book the ceremony however when I called them they said they haven’t received my paperwork and now I’m a bit concerned. The lady said I will receive another letter 2 weeks before the ceremony date which is the 28th of November. I don’t know if this is the way it works? Can anyone advise please ? Thank you