ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have lived in the uk for 14 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mustafaniceman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

I have lived in the uk for 14 years

Post by Mustafaniceman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm

My 1st husband used to beat me up Therefore I ran away lived with family afraid of him as he wanted to find me and hurt me more. I am still illegal but married again to a lovely British man we have a child. I wish to apply for permanent citizenship indefinite Leave to remain here in the uk. Please kindly advise ASAP. Thank You

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: I have lived in the uk for 14 years

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Mustafaniceman wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm
My 1st husband used to beat me up Therefore I ran away lived with family afraid of him as he wanted to find me and hurt me more. I am still illegal but married again to a lovely British man we have a child. I wish to apply for permanent citizenship indefinite Leave to remain here in the uk. Please kindly advise ASAP. Thank You
...and in this thread you were asking for advice on bringing your husband from Pakistan :!: Do you want to explain :?:

immigration-for-family-members/carers-a ... l#p1583264
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mustafaniceman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mustafaniceman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Certainly not. I & my husband live here in the uk. But I need indefinite Leave to remain. I have a child also. I need advice as to can I apply now and will I succeed ? Thank You

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Mustafaniceman wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pm
Certainly not. I & my husband live here in the uk. But I need indefinite Leave to remain. I have a child also. I need advice as to can I apply now and will I succeed ? Thank You
I'll make it easy for you. Why have you also posted the following :?:
"Good Afternoon I am aware of all the documents required which I have in my possession. As well as carers allowance I am earning extra £85 a week part time. To apply for my husband from Pakistan. All I need to know is please advise will the carers allowance letter do or do I have to contact them for more evidence by DSS to forward with the new application ? Thank You "
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mustafaniceman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mustafaniceman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Because that is for someone different.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Mustafaniceman wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm
In which case they should register on the forum under their own user name and post their own questions.
(Casa, not CR001)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Mustafaniceman wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm
Please don't use the words "I" nor "my", etc., if you are asking for someone different.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mustafaniceman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mustafaniceman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:31 pm

You are absolutely correct. My Apologies. Thank You for putting me right. I Appreciate it

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 am

I don't think that you may apply for ILR directly, if you have no leave.

Start with FLR(FP), 10 year partner route? Subsequently, switch to 5-year route when eligible.

Unless you wish to apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK?

Having a British child should help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:13 am

The 14 year Long Residence pathway to ILR was closed in July 2012.

It was replaced by a 20 year Long Residence pathway to FLR(FP), which require a further 10 years of legal residence to get to ILR.

As Vinny has suggested, you should start by either applying for an FLR(FP) within the UK and then switching to an FLR(M) or you could apply directly for a spouse visa from outside the UK ( in both cases, assuming that your British spouse meets the £18,600 annual salary requirement).

Once you have completed five years of residence under a spouse visa or ten years under FLR(FP), you will then be eligible for ILR.

You will only be eligible for naturalisation as a British citizen ten years after your illegal residence has ended.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Are you legally divorced from your first husband?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....