ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for in-laws from Bangladesh - please advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aztec1032

Visitor Visa for in-laws from Bangladesh - please advise

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Dear Members/Admins,

I would like to invite my parents in-law to visit me and my wife (who is expecting) primarily to support us during the birth of our child. In summary this is what our/their scenarios are:

We:
1. Both have ILR and recently applied for Naturalisation
2. Ideally would like to sponsor them for whole of their trip and can show sufficient savings in our accounts to prove that along with regular payment details from employers (payslips, letters etc.)
3. We own a property as well so accommodation shouldn't be any issue.

Them:

1. My father in-law is retired civil servant and currently financially supported by my brother in law (i.e. has no regular income from employment) and my mother in-law has always been a housewife supported by my father in law.
2. My mother in law visited the US in the past to see some other family members in the past (travel history - not sure if it helps anyway)
3. They don't have a substantial savings to show that they can afford the trip. However between them they own land and properties.
4. My wife's other 2 siblings live in Bangladesh with their families (basically I am trying to say they have enough ties to return to Bangladesh once their visa expires)

Finally we applied for visitor visa for my mother in law and brother in law couple of years back to attend my wife's graduation ceremony and the applications were rejected due to the fact that UKVI said they were not reasonably satisfied that my in laws would go back (which I personally think hardly plausible).

Now this time we really want them to come to be next to my wife during this vulnerable time and I am trying to find best course of action. All your suggestions/advise will be genuinely appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards
Az

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa for in-laws from Bangladesh - please advise

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Much harder to get visitor visas now than it was a few years back.

They have to provide evidence of social, financial, income, employment (if relevant) etc ties to home country to convince the ECO that they are genuine visitors.

How long are they planning to visit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aztec1032

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank you CR001 for prompt response. I fully understand it's very difficult now as I know many instances where application have been rejected.

We are planning to have my mother in law around for 3 months and father in law probably a month or so. I understand the requirements for ECO to be satisfied that applicants have enough ties to go back to home country however in our instance these are genuine people who want to be close to their daughter in her difficult time and lived a simple life without owning big bank balance. So I am not sure how else we can prove that (they have their 2 other children in the home country).

I am quite confused hence seeking expert guidance/experiences to see if anyway we can help with the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:30 pm

They need to provide evidence of any income they receive (savings, pension, salary, help from relatives etc). Do not make the mistake of quickly arranging to deposit a large amount into a bank account.

Evidence of property ownership.

Evidence of family ties to home country.

There are hundreds of topics below yours with tales of success and tales of refusals, including detailed lists of what was submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aztec1032

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Thank you very much CR001. I will stroll through the posts.