ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long could I leave Ireland with stamp 4eufam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narsilionh

How long could I leave Ireland with stamp 4eufam

Post by narsilionh » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello folks
I applied EU1 as EEA Family member , my wife studying in Ireland as full time student.
last week I have got letter from INIS that my VISA has been granted for 5years so I went appointment to get proper visa from temporary. so now I have stamp 4 on my passport and waiting IRP card. it's my current situation.

me and my wife we want to go my country for a month because she never met my family
and I want to show her my country, culture while her uni vacation on going.
I know I don't need re-entry visa (re entry office said South Korea nationality no need re entry visa)
but my question is how long could I leave Ireland ?
I'm worrying about cancellation of my visa because I don't know how long is allow to travel as stamp 4 eufam holder. It's just a month but anybody have correct information ?
if you know about it could you share with me please?

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: How long could I leave Ireland with stamp 4eufam

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:39 pm

How long are you planing to go away for?

In your case for example if you go away for let’s say 1 month it should be fine. You need to inform INIS in writing you’ll be absent for the period of time you are planing to go. INIS requires to be notified for any absence from the State that’s longer than 2 weeks.

narsilionh

Post by narsilionh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Ah so If I go to travel more than 2 weeks I have to let them know it ?
shpirtshqipe wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:39 pm
How long are you planing to go away for?

In your case for example if you go away for let’s say 1 month it should be fine. You need to inform INIS in writing you’ll be absent for the period of time you are planing to go. INIS requires to be notified for any absence from the State that’s longer than 2 weeks.

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi,
Same situation couldn't get much information from anywhere? Please someone confirm regarding this?
Just received a EUFAM card this March, and I have to go to home country for a while as my parents are sick at the moment I will be spending sometime over there may be a month or so? Do I really have to inform INIS via letter ? same dept EU TREATY for the correspondence we used before?? Please help....