ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) - UREGENT, Please help!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Trevardo504
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Trevardo504 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi everyone I am new here but would really appreciate if you could help with a few questions I have. I am married to a british citizen and been living together since 2014 we had a child in 2015 and my application for partner was considered but not granted as we did not meet certain requirements but got 2.5 flr fp 10 yrs parent route I will be extending my visa but I am a bit confused because I am still with my husband.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Parents discretionary leave, UREGENT, Please help!!!

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 am

Trevardo504 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 pm
Hi everyone I am new here but would really appreciate if you could help with a few questions I have. I am married to a british citizen and been living together since 2014 we had a child in 2015 and my application for partner was considered but not granted as we did not meet certain requirements but got 2.5 flr fp 10 yrs parent route I will be extending my visa but I am a bit confused because I am still with my husband.
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 am

Trevardo504 wrote:
If you were to create your own thread it would help instead of tagging on to a thread that is nearly 4 years old!

I still don't get what is your question?

if your circumstances are the same and you are still in a subsisting relationship with a British spouse and have a British born child, you would just extend your visa before expiry.

You would not require any language prerequisites and there is no financial requirement, how ever they may wish to see maintenance.

This is my understanding of it.

You may have a better understanding if you read this,

Appendix FM Section 1.0b, family life (as a partner or parent) and private life: 10-year routes

To make a further extension I believe it is: Form FLR(FP): application for leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your family life as a partner, parent or dependent child or on the basis of your private life in the UK and for a biometric immigration document

Further clarification would be needed thanks
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:35 am

I should have also mentioned until you have accrued 10 years legal stay on this route only then would you be eligible to apply for ILR.

So, hence 4 x 2.5 year extensions.
Wanderer wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 am

Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman....
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:30 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 am
If you were to create your own thread it would help instead of tagging on to a thread that is nearly 4 years old!
Users post split to their own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) - UREGENT, Please help!!!

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:30 am

Trevardo504 wrote:
You don't qualify for the parent route if you are still in a relationship with the child's other parent.

Are you sure you were not granted FLR(FP) 10 year PARTNER route??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:30 am
Trevardo504 wrote:
You don't qualify for the parent route if you are still in a relationship with the child's other parent.

Are you sure you were not granted FLR(FP) 10 year PARTNER route??
Same happened with me in 2015 when i applied for flr fp partner 10 yeas route at peo. Leave was granted for 2.5 years but letter said grand was under parent route. I found that strange but anyway i switched to flr m last year and got the grant without any issue. So i beleive the caseworker must have used wrong template while serving decision.

Coincidentally, i am indeed applying for flr fp parent route this time and i wonder if they are not going to serve me grant under partner route by using wrong template 😂😂😂

Trevardo504
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Trevardo504 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:29 am

Sorry for the tag of old thread I am new here. This is the letter I received.

Thank you for your application for limited leave to remain in the United Kingdom. Your application for limited leave to remain as a Partner has been considered.

You will be eligible for a refund of an immigration Health Surcharge payment made in relation to this application once you have exhausted your right of appeal against this decision.

Consideration has been given under paragraphs R-LTRP. 1.1 (a), (b) and (D) of Appendix FM which include the exceptions paragraph EX. 1 (a) and (b).

We are satisfied from the information you have provided that you meet the relevant eligibility and suitability requirements and you have a parental relationship with a child and it is not reasonable to expect that child to leave the United Kingdom.

Because of your particular circumstances you have been granted leave within the Immigration rules under D-LTRP. 1.2 of Appendix FM.

What this means for you.

We have endorsed your biometric resident permit with limited leave to remain in the United Kingdom initially for 30 months.

In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a continuous period of at least 120 months in the United Kingdom with limited leave granted because of your family life.

Providing you continue to meet the relevant legislation at the time of application, you should apply for further leave prior to the expiry of your current leave via a charged application. Subject to meeting that criteria you will be given a further period of leave of 30 months.

You may need to make further application and you will need to satisfy the Immigration Rules to take your leave to the necessary 120 months required for settlement.

Trevardo504
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Trevardo504 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:32 am

That is the letter I received so now I am wondering what should I apply for next the only thing that as changed is that I am back in work but I don't make £18600. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Trevardo504 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:32 am
That is the letter I received so now I am wondering what should I apply for next the only thing that as changed is that I am back in work but I don't make £18600. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.
You can switch to flr m soon you meet the financial requirement. If its an extension then you need to apply flr fp partner 10 year route. As your letter clearly states you were granted as a partner with ex1 applies.

Trevardo504
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Trevardo504 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi sorry I don't understand did I get my visa based on my marriage. My husband does not work and I definitely don't make £18600. If I apply for extension of the partner 10 year route what documents would I need to submit along with my application.

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Trevardo504 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 pm
Hi sorry I don't understand did I get my visa based on my marriage. My husband does not work and I definitely don't make £18600. If I apply for extension of the partner 10 year route what documents would I need to submit along with my application.
Not solely on marriage. If u didnt have child then u would not have got that leave. You got the leave because clause ex1 applies that means it is unreasonable to expect your british child to leave the uk. Therefore, they allowed you to continue your family life in the uk with your partner and your child. Hence, you were granted under partner route.( Make no mistake confusing it to parent route. ). You will preety much the same evidence that u supplied when u applied for flr fp application on first instance. In my opinion your case becomes more stronger when you extend your leave because they already have accepted you have established your family life in the uk and it is still unreasonable to expect your british citizen child to leave the uk.

Trevardo504
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Trevardo504 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 am

Thanks a lot for clarification much appreciated