ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLAB test on tier 2 dependent visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bbttn
Newly Registered
India

PLAB test on tier 2 dependent visa

Post by bbttn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 am

Hello,
I am a TIER 2 dependent with “no doctor training” on my BRP. On applying for a visa for my brother to visit me, I mentioned that I was currently in the process of writing my PLAB exams. He was refused the visit visa and was told by the visa officers that I was breaching my immigration laws by writing my Plab exam on my tier 2 pbs dependent visa and that “he was satisfied that I was undergoing doctor training”.
Am I not allowed to write the Plab exams and apply for registration to practise on my tier 2 dependent visa?

bbttn
Newly Registered
India

Re: PLAB test on tier 2 dependent visa

Post by bbttn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:48 am

my brother is being sponsored by our parents for the trip. My spouse and I both included invitation letters and we own our own place. The only reason they gave for the refusal was “as a pbs dependent there are restrictions on certain type of training one can undertake in the UK, which including (sic) doctor training. with your application you have submitted copies of emails which demonstrate that your sibling has enrolled to take the PLAB exams in the UK and accordingly, based on the balance of probabilities, I am satisfied that is undertaking doctor training in the UK and therefore in breach of the visa conditions allowing to remain in the uk”. I contacted the Home office and the GMC in order to get some sort of written confirmation stating that I am not in breach of my visa conditions by writing the exam, but i haven’t been able to get any sort of written confirmation although they have verified it verbally.

bbttn
Newly Registered
India

Post by bbttn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:54 am

AFter asking around and concluding that I wasn’t in breach of my visa conditions and in fact allowed to write the plab on my tier 2 dependent visa, we are currently in the process of reapplication for my brother’s visit visa.
We have planned to apologise and reapply with a more detailed cover letter about his and my spouse's circumstances. This time, my spouse (tier2) will be the main invitee instead of me. We will attach the letter of rejection. I will also attach a cover letter explaining that I am not in breach of my visa conditions.

Could you please advise us further as to whether we are proceeding in the correct way and if anything else needs to be included?
Thank you very much.

Kandamaya11
Ghana

Post by Kandamaya11 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:56 am

You can write your PLAB Exam on your Tier 2 visa and you are not breaching any immigration law. Don't know why you have to mention it in your brothers application.

Writing PLAB exam is not same as doctor training, shows the decision maker is not informed. People write PLAB exam while on student visa, visit visa not relating to PLAB Visa.

Kandamaya11
Ghana

Post by Kandamaya11 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:01 am

You can request for administrative review or re-apply. Choice is yours. You are not in anyway breaching any immigration law by writing PLAB Exam.

bbttn
Newly Registered
India

Post by bbttn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Thank you Kandamaya11 for your reply and advice. I had mentioned the details of my plab exam on my brother's application as I was the one inviting him here and thought that it would help my case. But now we are reapplying with my spouse (tier 2) as the invitee and we will be clarifying in a separate cover letter about me not breaching immigration laws