ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complaint for time length reply

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stephens28
Newly Registered

FLR fp change in circumstances

Post by Stephens28 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 am

Sorry this is going to be long!!

So I applied last June (2017) for my flr fp parent visa. I am not with my daughter’s father but his family and him have her pretty much every weekend up until end of January.

In the end of January, my daughter’s father was in a life changing motorbike accident which will leave him with severely reduced quality of life. He will be in a hospital setting for atleast the next year. My daughter has a good relationship with her father and her paternal half siblings.

I feel that this is very important for UKVI to know that her father will not be able to travel by plane anytime soon, with reduced capabilities of her father, his mum and other children are a safety net to help my young daughter cope. If they were to refuse my application, her relationship with her father and family would be absolutely demolished, with her age, she can’t fly unaccompanied either.

Is it possible to add information for the caseworkers to consider?

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Re: FLR fp change in circumstances

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:23 am

Will such circumstances amounts any less your active role on your daughter's upbringing? If answer is no then i dont think its necessary.

Stephens28
Newly Registered

Post by Stephens28 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:27 am

No it actually increases my role but I’m thinking if they feel she can move to my home country, she would be absolutely cut off from her dad and close family members due to his medical state. There’s absolutely no way he’ll be able to visit her if she should have to move with me.

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:29 am

graceofgod1 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:23 am
Will such circumstances amounts any less your active role on your daughter's upbringing? If answer is no then i dont think its necessary.
Iam assuming your ex partner and your daughter are british citizen and if your current situation allows you to get involve in your daughter's life more then i guess you can supply more evidence.

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am

Stephens28 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:27 am
No it actually increases my role but I’m thinking if they feel she can move to my home country, she would be absolutely cut off from her dad and close family members due to his medical state. There’s absolutely no way he’ll be able to visit her if she should have to move with me.
Did you apply under sole responsibility ?

Stephens28
Newly Registered

Post by Stephens28 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am

I am the custodial parent although we don’t have a formal custody order, she visits her paternal family nearly every weekend. She lives with me and my fiancé.

Stephens28
Newly Registered

Complaint for time length reply

Post by Stephens28 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:23 am

Hello, I put in a complaint at the end of May and received my reply this morning (20 working days as they stated.) I don’t understand as they haven’t contacted me before this? Do they mean the original acknowledgment letter that stated outside normal time frames for “complex cases?” I’m approaching a year from entering my biometrics!!

—————email received below——————
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration’s Complaints Team.

I have reviewed your record and it confirms that action has already been taken to resolve and conclude your complaint.

In some instances the business area concerned will already have taken steps to rectify an issue whilst a complaint is pending. As your complaint matter has been resolved, and you have been made aware of this, we have closed your complaint.

I am sorry that you felt the need to complain to us. I would like to assure you that your feedback will be used to help drive service improvements.