ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test certificate not returned by home office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adeyyyy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Life in the UK test certificate not returned by home office

Post by Adeyyyy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi all,

Thank you all for your help on this website. I have just been successful in applying for my indefinite leave to remain as a dependent of tier 2 work permit holder. Both myself and my husband's application was successful this morning at Sheffield. My issue is that I just got home and checked all my paper works again and realized that all my documents was returned but they have not returned mine and my husband's life in the UK test certificate. Is this the common practice??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in the UK test certificate not returned by home office

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Is this the common practice??
No, as you need it for Citizenship (if you plan on applying) but might not need to submit it. Do you have a copy?

You should have checked at the centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adeyyyy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Adeyyyy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:08 pm

I know I should have checked there hence why I'm biting myself now. I have a photo copy but that's not the original. Does anyone know if I can write to them to request this otherwise, I will just write it again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:16 pm

For citizenship (if you plan on applying) you simply tick the box that says you met the requirement for ILR and submit a copy with a note stating it was not returned when applying for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adeyyyy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Adeyyyy » Sat May 05, 2018 10:39 am

Hi all,
I created this post some months ago but just came to update it. The original test certificate was returned by the home office 2 weeks ago. It was a surprise as i did not do anything, juat though would write it again but it came in an with a cover letter to say it was retained in error. Thanks for your help.