ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My List Of Docs For Fiancee's Visa-Comments Very Welcome

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ramsay

My List Of Docs For Fiancee's Visa-Comments Very Welcome

Post by Ramsay » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi

I love this board and it has given me information I would have never found for myself. Thank you to those who dedicate their time and expertise for the benefit of others.

I apologise for the length of my post but would be extremely grateful if you could look down my list and point out anything extra I need or should take out- My head is spinning with all this stuff and last thing I want is for my fiancée’s visa to be refused because I made a schoolboy error. Thank you for any advice in advance.

I am going to Nepal to apply for my fiancées visa. I am born British with generations of ginger family members dating back to the 16 Century!! I was in Nepal for 5 months, met her almost on day 1 and then took her back on a tourist visa (my dad as sponsor) for six months.

My fiancee returned within the timescales of her visa and is patiently waiting for me to sort out the docs for application. She had never applied to go abroad prior. I am full sponsor this time. We were engaged on Christmas day 2007.

I have taken a look at a lot of Spouse visa threads and have based my list on that. If anyone sees any mistakes or something I have missed please tell me. Cheers

PARTICULARS
1. APLICATION FORM
2. Sponsor Undertaking form (I think I need to fill this out)
3. COPY OF MY Fiancées Travel Doc / tourist visa to uk
4. COPY OF MY Passport and visas to Nepal
5. Sponsor letter confirming full sponsorship including repatriation if needed
6. Letter from fiancée detailing why UK (my job) and our plans for furture - (get her a part time or full time work for 12 months then start family)

MAINTENANCE
1. My contract of Employment
2. Six wage slips (£23k per annum)
3. Five bank statements
4. Letter from work advising studying towards professional qualification and therefore getting developed for long-term
5. My budget for a normal month
6. Budget for the wedding including copy documents for the loan taken (through Barclays) to cover event / visas and fiancées air ticket.
7. P60 from 2007 - 2008 (08-09 if available)

OUR RELATIONSHIP
1. LETTER FROM MY Fiancée. WHERE & HOW WE MET
2. LETTER FROM ME.WHERE & HOW WE MET
3. Photographs from our time in UK (including engagement on Christmas Day)
4. Receipt for engagement ring
5. Letters from my parents/ grand parents/ extended family confirming they see the relationship as genuine and have met my fiancée

COMMUNICATION
1. Fathers Phone Bill
2. Full email correspondence whilst apart since February
3. Emails between my parents and fiancée/ between me and her sisters
4. Birthday card from Fiancée to me/ Christmas Cards to us from family/ Happy New Year card from her family to us/ etc

ACCOMMONDATION
1. Photographs of my Abode
2. Tenancy Agreement
3. Confirmation From Property Agent only I reside there
4. Confirmation from Property Agent Fiancée can join me
5. Council Tax Letter
6. Electric Bil
7. Gas Bill
8. Receipt of deposit and 1st months rent from property agent

WEDDING Plans
1. Letter confirming Booking of Registrar
2. Letter confirming Booking of Venue Afterwards
3. Letter confirming Booking of Flowers
4. Letter from Mum and Dad confirming they are paying for band and photographer as gift
5. Receipt for Deposit on wedding ring
6. Guest List
7. Sample of Invites
8. Three acceptance letters from guests saying they're coming.

I am thinking of adding a section for the employment of my fiancée once she has spouse visa. She speaks and writes English very very well. Unfortunately due to a death in the family she never completed her degree course in India. I can provide the following though

1. Adverts for low skilled jobs in Aberdeen ie: supermarket/ shop work.
2. Two references from her jobs in Nepal; waitress and hotel reception.

My folder could choke two dozen donkeys and there's only room for two pair of pants, a pair of socks and a travel toothbrush in my suitcase. Hopefully it is sufficient to secure the visa but I can't help being twitchy wondering if I need more stuff.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm no expert, but I went and succesfully applied with half the amount of documents you are showing. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Love the comment on the ginger people as well.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

looks all good!!!
u shud go and make the application now!!

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:58 pm

sorry i forgot to say:

you no in the accomodation u can also add a Council Report!! stating that the propery wont be overcrowded if ur fiance joins uu in the uk..

u can get it from the local council! its not a must but if u want to u an add it

GUD LUCK!!!

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:55 pm

You're not messing about are you !

Don't forget the Spam sink!

Seriously though you sound like a very organised person - or someone who's not taking any chances.

Don't forget that the onus is on your fiancee to show her devotion to you -although most applications are now being decided by documentation only for a (so-called) fairer assessment. Her intention to live with you as your wife must be evident. Make sure there's a balance of the correspondence between the two of you. Not for example 25 emails from you and 3 from her.

All the very best. Let us know how you get on.
Oh, the drama...!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Perfect! Go for it! Goodluck.

Ramsay

Post by Ramsay » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Cheers for your responses

Emails are 50/50 so hopefully thats fine. My fiancees letter will confirm she is eager to be with me. It will also mention we have decided that she will find work for 18 months to 2 years and then we will start family. (Get deposit for house first).

Does anyone know if she will be given a medical if the visa is accepted or if its on a case by case basis?

We're applying around 12th May so I'll keep posting updates in case so others can use for reference.

Cheers