ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Processing Timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

residents
Newly Registered

Home Office Processing Timelines

Post by residents » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 am

Hello

Does anyone know if there are any legal requirements for the Home Office in regards to the maximum amount of time they can work on an application?

To be more exact, I have applied for ILR and it would be interesting to know if they HAVE to give an answer within a determined period of time.

Thanks very much.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:14 pm

In short the BIA are not legally obliged to process any application within any time limit at all, but they do try to complete the application's within 8 to 12 weeks.

If your application is a complicated application, it can take up to 2 years and more.

But saying that, we have often seen applicants receiveing letters from the BIA saying that they are doing further investigation and check on the applicant, which seems to be a standard letter, when BIA are snow down with applications.

residents
Newly Registered

Post by residents » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Thanks very much.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:49 am

Siggi wrote:In short the BIA are not legally obliged to process any application within any time limit at all, but they do try to complete the application's within 8 to 12 weeks.

If your application is a complicated application, it can take up to 2 years and more.

But saying that, we have often seen applicants receiveing letters from the BIA saying that they are doing further investigation and check on the applicant, which seems to be a standard letter, when BIA are snow down with applications.
I thought it was 6 months and then you can get an ombudsman involved.

residents
Newly Registered

Post by residents » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 am

Do you have any sort of official source for your claim, would be helpful to know that they cant go more than 6 months. I am thinking of asking them myself about it but as usual i doubt i will get a clear straight and honest answer. Thanks

:evil:

residents
Newly Registered

Post by residents » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Hello

I still have not received my ILR from the HO, I applied middle November. Do you think I should contact them? I will do so in a letter, I do not want to talk to them on the phone. Anyone's suggestions / opinions are welcome.

thanks

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Was your application a straight forward case? I mean were there any complications involved such as excess absences from the UK over the 5 year period than permitted, gaps in your leave to remain etc.

Did you receive any letter from BIA informing you of them doing further checks on your applciation. There have been many instances reported on this site where people have received such letters.

residents
Newly Registered

Post by residents » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Just so you know, I got my ILR today. I have applied and the 15th of November 2007 so it took roughly 5 months. They have also requested additional documents which were NOT relevant to the application if we look at it in accordance with the documentation requirements. However, it's all past now. I will not forget the abuses though...