ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu1 family application answer after 1 year stamp4 granted

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gunesmt33
Newly Registered

eu1 family application answer after 1 year stamp4 granted

Post by gunesmt33 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi all

I have been granted only 1 year stamp4 according to national law in february after 4 months of waiting . I did apply in september.I have question did anyone ask to GNIB for their original application answer for 5 year eu1 family permit. Did they not have to answer you in 6 months if they send you 1 year stamp4 national law.

Thanks for your answers

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: eu1 family application answer after 1 year stamp4 grante

Post by ca.funke » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:42 pm

OK - maybe it's just me but I'm not getting what you are saying:

You applied for EU1 in September?
You received an answer in February?
--> That's 6 months, which is within the law.

From what you are writing it's not evident what nationalities you and your partner are? Is it US // EU-citizen?

If you are an Irish/US-couple, the answer by GNIB is OK as it is, as European law (2004/38/EC) does NOT apply to you.

If you are an EU(non Irish)/US-couple, the answer from GNIB is illegal, you should appeal, lodge a complaint with both Solvit and the EU. (There's plenty of info in this forum on how to do this.)

Rgds, Christian

gunesmt33
Newly Registered

Post by gunesmt33 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:58 pm

ca.funke wrote:OK - maybe it's just me but I'm not getting what you are saying:

You applied for EU1 in September?
You received an answer in February?
--> That's 6 months, which is within the law.

From what you are writing it's not evident what nationalities you and your partner are? Is it US // EU-citizen?

If you are an Irish/US-couple, the answer by GNIB is OK as it is, as European law (2004/38/EC) does NOT apply to you.

If you are an EU(non Irish)/US-couple, the answer from GNIB is illegal, you should appeal, lodge a complaint with both Solvit and the EU. (There's plenty of info in this forum on how to do this.)

Rgds, Christian

I am sorry.I did not give so many details. I am turkish my wife is dutch we were living in us. I applied september 21st got answer february 8th. 4 months. When I got letter I did not complaint because letter states they will make their final deceision in one year. I was wondering if anyone else in same situation

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:21 pm

gunesmt33 wrote:I am sorry.I did not give so many details. I am turkish my wife is dutch we were living in us. I applied september 21st got answer february 8th. 4 months. When I got letter I did not complaint because letter states they will make their final deceision in one year. I was wondering if anyone else in same situation
In this case I have to give up - never heard of this variation.

However, as you are Dutch/Turkish, you are entitled to be treated according to 2004/38/EC. They have to give a (positive) answer 6 months after the application is filed.

You should lodge a complaint with the EU, with Solvit and appeal the decision.

If the decision stops the non-EU partner from working you should be able to seek compensation. Do seek work, do tell possible employers you do not need a work-permit, so you are able to proove that the only thing that is stopping you from working is the permit, which you were (illegally) NOT given.

When lodging the 3 above complaint, always cite 2004/38/EC.

Good luck :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:16 am

What exactly did they say in their letter to you?

Have you and your spouse visited any EU countries (other than ireland) as a married couple since April 2006? Have you lived together in an EU country before that?