ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form clarifications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

MN1 form clarifications

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:07 am

Hello All,

I am going to register my 3 months old daughter (born in UK) for British Citizenship via MN1 form on basis of my wife’s ILR status (wife got ILR after daughter’s birth)

I have a few questions if you can please clarify:

1) MN1 form (1.9): Present nationality (child)
If I am correct I have to put the same nationality as the parents? Both parents have same nationality as she is born in UK and has no passport yet.

2) MN1 form (1.39) Date of marriage?
(1.40) Was the mother married at the time the child was born?
I have an islamic marriage only and have not yet registered the marriage as per UK law. I know as per the UK law my marriage is not recognised. So shall I tick yes or no (Q: 1.40) or it does not really matter?

I researched online and came through this NCS service the local councils provide. I have gone through it.

3) Is Joint Citizenship and Passport facility recently introduced which can only be used on online form now?
If I use paper form instead can i benefit from the joint service mentioned above?

4) Do I have to submit my wife’s original passport and original ILR-BRP (she is the sponsor)?

I know if I go through NCS service I can get certified copies and keep originals,
but what if I dont go through NCS and post a paper form instead do i need to send originals then or are photocopies approved?

5) As I am NOT the sponsor do I also have to send MY own passport copy along with the child’s application?

Thank you for reading through the long post. Any answers/advice will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 form clarifications

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:26 am

I plan to sumbit the application myself without using NCS.

Please can someone confirm if only one parents passport and ILR- BRP is required?

Original or copies if done without NCS?

Thank you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:30 am

If applying via mother's ILR, then I think father's circumstances are irrelevant. Marriage is irrelevant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:06 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:30 am
If applying via mother's ILR, then I think father's circumstances are irrelevant. Marriage is irrelevant.
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 form documents

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello just wanted to update my personal experience.

I have received my child’s british nationality certificate in 1 month.
Applied: 5th March 2018
Bio: 19th March 2018 (applied same day)
Documents and certificate received: 10th April 2018. (approved 6th April 2018)

I sent via post myself. Did NOT use NCS.

Documents:
1) Mother’s original ILR
2) Mother’s original passport (was expired) I dont think this was required but I sent.
3) Child’s UK birth certificate original.
4) Completed MN1 form with 2 referees.

I did NOT send any marriage certificate or father’s documents such as passport etc. (I was told its not required if main applicant is mother which is correct)

Hope that helps some one looking for the same info.

Thank you to who helped me.
Good-luck