ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vary FLR(M) to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Junobi123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Spousal Visa Expires before 60 months

Post by Junobi123 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:59 am

Dear All,
I have read a number of posts on this matter but was wondering if someone had suggestions about how to handle.
My current (2nd 30-month) visa expires 4 March 2018. I will complete my 60 months on 4 April 2018. 28 days before the 60-month period is 7 March 2018, 3 days after my current visa expires.
- Do I have to extend my current visa before applying for my ILR?
- Is there a cheaper way than paying the £1.5k+ and then the ILR fee of £2k+ a few days later?
- Shouldn’t the Home Office have issued my 2nd visa to cover my 60 months? If so, is there something I can do about it now?
Thanks in advance for all your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spousal Visa Expires before 60 months

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:20 pm

You need to provide a bit more information.

On what date did you enter the UK with your spouse visa?

What was the initial start and expiry date of the first visa and the second visa?

What date did you apply for the extension and did you apply by post or in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Junobi123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Vary FLR(M) to ILR

Post by Junobi123 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am

Hi!
Hoping you all can help. My spousal visa expires 4 March but my 60 months to apply for my ILR only is on 4 April. Does it make sense to apply to extend my visa now and then request to vary the application to an ILR 2 weeks later as I should be eligible to apply for my ILR 60 months less 28 days?
Thanks for any advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Vary FLR(M) to ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:05 am

I have merged your topics. Please keep your questions in one thread.

I have also asked you questions when you posted in January, which would be helpful if you could respond to if you expect any useful advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.