ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Biometric Resident Permit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eechukwu
Nigeria

Lost Biometric Resident Permit

Post by eechukwu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 am

Hi,

Please I need an advice from you all.

On the 15/02/2018 I sent my Biometric Resident Permit to DVLA using Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed 1pm, and up till today the tracking is still saying:

Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.

Now I have contacted Royal Mail about this and they claim that the item was delivered to DVLA, that due to the number of items been delivered to DVLA that sometimes DVLA don’t sign for Special Delivery.

On the other side, I have been calling DVLA on daily basis and up till now, they have not been able to confirm that they received the item.

All they keep telling me is that sometimes it takes up to 3 weeks from the day the receive the item to work on a case, that I should give them at least 3 weeks.

I am a bit worried that Royal Mail have lost my BRP, (The BRP is still new and valid till 2020)

Please have anyone been in this kind of situation before?

Thanks

eechukwu
Nigeria

Re: Lost Biometric Resident Permit

Post by eechukwu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Any suggestions guys? Please i am really confused...

Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Lost Biometric Resident Permit

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Wait for some more time, they might find it. Worst case scenario, if it's lost, you need to report it to home office and apply for a replacement.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged