ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWITCH - Tier 2 general main to pbs dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tomdavis

SWITCH - Tier 2 general main to pbs dependant

Post by tomdavis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:09 am

Hi

Me and my wife has separate Teir 2 general visas. I want to become her dependant and wants to switch from main to dependant .

(A) Can you plz tell what documents are required? We both live together in Uk from the last few years. I am thinking to submits the below docs. Plz let me know if anything else is required.

1. Passport size photos
2. Application form
3. Passport
4. Current visa
5. Dependant letter including maintenance
6. Marriage certificate
7. IHS

(B) I will leave my current sponsor after switching. I mean when My dependant application gets approved. Is it fine?

(C) is any covering letter is required from me or my wife?

(D) do I need to show marriage is subsisting? V live together in Uk from last few years.

(E) do I need to show or write on a letter that I will not take public funds?

(G) any other useful information?

Thanks

tomdavis

Re: SWITCH - Tier 2 general main to pbs dependant

Post by tomdavis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Can anyone plz reply?

Thanks

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 pm

To be more clear - I m tier 2 general and my wife was my dependent. Now she has her own tier 2 general visa and I want to become her dependent. We live together in Uk from last few years and also bought a house in London.

Can you plz tel what documents / letters will be required?

Can anyone plz reply?

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm

tomdavis wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 pm
To be more clear - I m tier 2 general and my wife was my dependent. Now she has her own tier 2 general visa and I want to become her dependent. We live together in Uk from last few years and also bought a house in London.

Can you plz tel what documents / letters will be required?

Can anyone plz reply?

Thanks
You might have to return to your home country to make the application.
Why do you want to switch to dependent visa? Hope you are aware that it will reset your tier 2 time to zero if you intend to apply for ILR using the 5 years route.
It might also be helpful if you specify how long you have been living in the UK with your timeline.
If your wife also recently changed from tier 2 dependent to a tier 2 holder, her clock would have reset to zero as well.
having said that, if you want to proceed, you will need to keep money in your account as upkeep and you'll possibly provide evidence of English Language and also proof of marriage. I am not sure if you can make the switch within the UK.
I believe other members of the forum will provide you with more information. All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Djsuccess,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I know clock will reset. Also, I don’t need to go to my country.

Thanks