ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Route to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashahmali
Newly Registered

Route to ILR

Post by ashahmali » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi,

I am currently almost 3 years into a Tier 2 General, due to be renewed later this year.

I am also eligible for the Family route (I have a kid who is british but not married), I confunsed on whether to switch routes when renewing or just continue on the Tier 2 for 2 more years then apply for ILR.

my question is, if I swicth routes, will the 3 years I already have count towards ILR or does it reset?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Route to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:01 pm

will the 3 years I already have count towards ILR
No they won't count.
does it reset?
Yes, it resets to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashahmali
Newly Registered

Post by ashahmali » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks alot for your response,

What route would you guys recommend?, I am finding it difficult to make up my mind.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Only you can make that decision.

Tier 2 General will get you ILR quicker IF you meet all the requirements. There is no other route that gets you to ILR any quicker.

You don't state if you are in a relationship with the childs other parent or if yes for how long.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashahmali
Newly Registered

Post by ashahmali » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:43 pm

hi

Thanks for the response.

I am still in relationship with the child's mum, however she still lives with her parents, we have never had the same address or lived together, does this change things in anyway?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:51 am

FLR(FP) parent route is for couples who have split up and no longer in a relationship, not for a situation as you describe it.

FLR(M) unmarried partner visa (assuming of course you are not married to her) will also fail as there is a mandatory requirement of 2 years evidence of cohabitation of living in a relationship akin to marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ashahmali
Newly Registered

Post by ashahmali » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks @CR001,

the worlds needs more people like you.

I guess, I will have to wait out my Tier 2 general, I have just gotten bored of working for my employer and the inflexibility in taking on external paid work gives me headache, I have got a kid, and a mortgage to service, also got accepted for a part-time PhD course (50% funded), which i have had to differ till october because I wanted to make up my mind re, the visa situation.

I will continue to read around until I find a more suitable route, but many thanks to you for your time; if you think of anything else or have any advice please drop it okay.

Also if you ever need any consulting on Software Development, Web/Mobile Apps development etc. i will happy to return this favor.

Cheers
Ash