ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange situation please advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t_kaay

Strange situation please advise

Post by t_kaay » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am

Just a quick question. Applied for various visas in the past for family members but haven't had the need to be involved for a few years so just checking that something hasn't changed whilst I've been away!

The situation is this: a female friend of mine (Pakistani) got married to a British guy in Pakistan about 18 months ago. She tells me that he has told her that he has submitted a visa application in the UK via a solicitor about 7 months ago (Sept 2017). She has her doubts that this is true, and after she told me, so do I.

She says the only involvement she has had was to go for the English test in Pakistan. She hasn't had any correspondence, and the weird thing is that she still has her Pakistani passport in her possession?? When she asks him he just says he is waiting for a reply.

Am I right in saying that she should have submitted the case in person via gerry's in Pakistan, along with her original passport? That's the way I remember. The only thing that I think has changed is that the husband's evidence can be sent to a UK address (Sheffield?) after submission of the case in Pakistan?

She thinks he was pressurised into the marriage and is stalling.

Thanks for any information.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Strange situation please advise

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:07 am

This is not an visa issue, this is an relationship issue
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:20 am

I meant the above in the most blunt way possible.

For someone who has done many visa applications in the past how naive can you be (in conveying to your friend) that a application has NOT been submitted, especially provided that she has not signed anything, not TB, no English A1 certificate, NO BIOMETRICS given by her, no trip to GERRYS at all to submit passport.....

Like i said this is a relationship / trust issue not a visa issue at all. I smell a rat, if what you are saying is true. Perhaps he has his reasons, but I can assure you no application were submitted, certainly not settlement application.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 am

There has been no major change other than that SUPPORTING documents have to be sent to Sheffield.

The applicant still has to submit at VFS, enroll biometrics and submit passport. No change there.

An application for ENTRY clearance cannot be made within the UK. It has to be made in home country of applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 am
There has been no major change other than that SUPPORTING documents have to be sent to Sheffield.

The applicant still has to submit at VFS, enroll biometrics and submit passport. No change there.

An application for ENTRY clearance cannot be made within the UK. It has to be made in home country of applicant.
Thanks for your help. I thought that was the case but just wanted to make sure as procedures can change so often.