ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

calavera99
Turkey

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by calavera99 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 pm

fairness777 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm
fairness777 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:57 pm
Samr33 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm

At least you have been approved. I am over the 6 months now and still waiting for approval :(
How come some people can get their approvals in JUST 1 MONTH and others must wait forever with no answer. This is a psychological torture which is even worse than physical torture.
It is mostly the applicants who used the new online form that are getting quick approvals.
They at least should be able to update you on your case. Leaving you in limbo with no answer whatsoever, it's a psychological torture. Everyday checking your postbox to see if you have any letter.
Exactly, three other friends of mine and myself made our applications at similar times. All of our applications are pretty much the same and they all received their approvals including the one who applied 1.5 month after I did. It's been 3 months for me and I don't have any answers and this is not helping physiologically. Today I sent a kind an brief email to "nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk " asking for the status of my application after reading that some members sent similar emails and they got good responses from HO such as "you will hear in 3 weeks".

I hope I didn't do anything wrong that asking this :( I am really being paranoid.

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Post by inquisitive » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:29 am

Hi,
I think along with other factors it also depends on one's current nationality. Most probably naturalisation teams work with respect to applicant's nationality and applications from nationals of certain countries may be higher and hence longer waits.
I applied on 7 December 2017 (HO receipt date was 8th December) using JCAP Aberdeen along with my family. Another friend also applied with family one month after me (6th Jan 2018). He and family had their ceremony this week while we have no news. We both have similar history with tier2 visa + ILR and work in academia, etc. Only difference is the nationality.
So HO reply about dealing with respect to date of receipt may be correct but vague.
Anyways it's a waiting game and hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:48 am

calavera99 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 pm
fairness777 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm
fairness777 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:57 pm

How come some people can get their approvals in JUST 1 MONTH and others must wait forever with no answer. This is a psychological torture which is even worse than physical torture.
It is mostly the applicants who used the new online form that are getting quick approvals.
They at least should be able to update you on your case. Leaving you in limbo with no answer whatsoever, it's a psychological torture. Everyday checking your postbox to see if you have any letter.
Exactly, three other friends of mine and myself made our applications at similar times. All of our applications are pretty much the same and they all received their approvals including the one who applied 1.5 month after I did. It's been 3 months for me and I don't have any answers and this is not helping physiologically. Today I sent a kind an brief email to "nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk " asking for the status of my application after reading that some members sent similar emails and they got good responses from HO such as "you will hear in 3 weeks".

I hope I didn't do anything wrong that asking this :( I am really being paranoid.
Hi. I applied via NCS paper application on 17/01/18 and got approved on 21/02/18 so not sure if is the case of online or paper applications.
Good luck

akz

Post by akz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm

01/03/18 by email - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - Once again, thank you for your e-mail. Your application is with a caseworker. You will be contacted within 21 days.

wish me good luck
thanks akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:39 pm

akz wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm
01/03/18 by email - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - Once again, thank you for your e-mail. Your application is with a caseworker. You will be contacted within 21 days.

wish me good luck
thanks akz
Good luck indeed! can you please tell me when did you send an update email to "NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" and when did you initially apply?

Thanks

akz

Post by akz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Yes .i send my case id and name and have ask then that can you please update me about my case status.
I have applied on 07/11/2017.
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi, any one help I got that email. Thank you for your e-mail. Your application is with a caseworker. You will be contacted within twenty one days.

Thank you FMT

fairness777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fairness777 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Hi, any one help I got that email. Thank you for your e-mail. Your application is with a caseworker. You will be contacted within twenty one days.

Thank you FMT
May I ask when did you apply?!

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 am

fairness777 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 pm
Ciaocico wrote:

Thank you FMT
Can you possibly confirm what email address you used? I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday and did not get any response.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 am
fairness777 wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:

Thank you FMT
Can you possibly confirm what email address you used? I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday and did not get any response.
Hi ask is my son aply 6 November 17

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:43 pm
Samr33 wrote:
fairness777 wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:

Thank you FMT
Hi smar mailto:NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

fairness777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fairness777 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Samr33 wrote:
fairness777 wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:

Thank you FMT
I believe you will be receiving your letter shortly. But many applications still hang in the balance.

nobu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by nobu3 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 am

Hi guys

I have been frustrated
My application was successful since the 6 feb
The invitation letter was sent the 19 feb but received on the 2 March booked for the ceremony for the 4 March
I went there for the ceremony my name is on the list but they can’t find my certificate
I don’t know what to do but

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Hello everyone I receive email now from HO please if anyone help understand please ???Thank you for your e-mail. A Letter will be sent to you within the next 21 days.

Thank you

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

It is pretty clear what the message means! Means probably they have decided your case and you should receive a letter from them within the timeframe they said it will take...

Good luck!

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Brand wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm
It is pretty clear what the message means! Means probably they have decided your case and you should receive a letter from them within the timeframe they said it will take...

Good luck!
Thanks i can’t believed many thanks 🙏

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Good to see that a few people who applied in November 2017 received their outcomes this week! I hope mine is on its way too! I applied mid November and still waiting!

Good luck everyone!

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Brand wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm
Good to see that a few people who applied in November 2017 received their outcomes this week! I hope mine is on its way too! I applied mid November and still waiting!

Good luck everyone!
The email from Home Office is positive ??? Just wait letter approved??

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:26 pm
Brand wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Good luck everyone!
The email from Home Office is positive ??? Just wait letter approved??
You to wait and see. Hopefully, it's good news...

Janedoe35
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Janedoe35 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:14 pm

This forum has kept me sane. I submitted my application online on 26/01/18. Requested document return on 19/02/18 for passport then 22/02/18 for all documents. Documents return letter dated 27/02/18, by post 02/03/18 in the special delivery envelope I sent with my supporting documents. Sent an email to that fmt address on the 27th chasing application and document return status. No response. After I received documents without decision on 02/03/2018 sent another email same day to fmt email chasing application status. Received email response 05/03/2018 saying “a communication has been posted to you. It can take up to 3 weeks to receive”. Came home to find approval through my door today 05/03/2018 🤗 so happy. Really recommend the online application!

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello Guys just need a quick advice I have applied for neutralization on 30th october 2017 I got a letter from the home office on 22 /02 obviously 2nd class dated 18/02 to respond to some questions with evidence documents about the 10 months gap between my student visa and spouse resident card eu family although my documents all were with them all theses 10 months so they asked if I worked and how i maintained my self all these 10 months anyway and apparently if i didn't respond by 4th of march they will refuse my application ( they really gave me enough time 4th and 5th Saturday and Sunday) anyway I manage to respond to them last Tuesday which was 27th of march I never worked in these 10 months gap my wife was full time employed so luckily I sent them 8 months payslips of those 10 months also her mum was sending us cash luckily we sent them about 3 randum receipts of her mum sending us cash a decent cash throw something like western union transfer from Moscow with the date during just before the gap 10 months by one month enough to live for at least 2 months and the most important thing I had my own saving account back home which I was using as well during these 10 months gap and before and even after and my bank kindly supplied me with my bank statements during these 10 months and even before and after and how much balance I had and the transaction luckily showed in these 10 months gap I was withdrawing money from my savings almost 250 pound's almost every couple of days I highlighted it for them even I sent them my actual visa card which i was using at this time do you think enough evidence? How long do you think it will take to give me my decision or answer ? Tomorrow Will be one week since I sent them answer to their questionnaires
Thank you

vpalma
Newly Registered

Post by vpalma » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 am

Good morning lovely people. Got a question, I am Brazilian citizen and often travel to Spain along with my wife (Spanish citizen) to visit her parents. I have realized recently looking at the stamps in my Brazilian passport that, the Spanish authorities does not stamp my passport all the time when I am entering and exiting the country. Sometimes they do both, sometimes entry only/no exit, sometimes exit only/no entry, and sometimes not at all. I am not sure this because I am an EU family member or have the UK residence card on my passport or even because I am always travelling with my wife.

My question is; Is it necessary to address this in my covering letter for naturalization? Is it advisable to send additional evidence of residence? PR issued 05/04/2017.

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 am

akz wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:54 pm
Yes .i send my case id and name and have ask then that can you please update me about my case status.
I have applied on 07/11/2017.
How long did it take them to reply to your email about the status of your application?

Thanks and congrats on getting your approval... I applied a week after you and I am still waiting...

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:05 am

Ciaocico wrote:
Samr33 wrote:
fairness777 wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:

Thank you FMT
Could you please confirm the e-mail address please because I would like to write to the HO in near future and ask for update. I applied in 13/12/2017.
Is it capital letter or small letter? or it should be just exactly like that.
Is this e-mail best to ask for update?

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Many thanks

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:11 am

mmali wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:05 am
Ciaocico wrote:
Samr33 wrote:
fairness777 wrote:

Could you please confirm the e-mail address please because I would like to write to the HO in near future and ask for update. I applied in 13/12/2017.
Is it capital letter or small letter? or it should be just exactly like that.
Is this e-mail best to ask for update?

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Many thanks
mailto:NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk Yes theta one good luck 👍