ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application- Section 3(1) application for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaneb
Newly Registered
South Africa

Online application- Section 3(1) application for child

Post by shaneb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi,

I am currently applying for naturalisation for myself, wife and two children.
I originally came over 10 years ago from South Africa on Ancestral visa, wife and daughter were dependants on my visa. My son was born in the UK two months before we got ILR.

We got ILR in 2013.

I'm doing the online application for naturalisation, and some of the documents they require for my daughter is her Grandparents marriage certificate. I am unable to supply this, as both are deceased.
Do I just leave that box unticked? Or should I supply a cover letter stating unable to supply? Why is this relevant? I'm not apply for naturalisation by descent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application- Section 3(1) application for child

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Gransparents cert is NOT required. Note that form MN1 is used for many types of applications for citizenship, only complete the sections relevant to her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shaneb
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by shaneb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Thanks, that was my understanding as well. However, it was listed as required documents during the online application. I'm just going to ignore it as I'm essentially applying under 3(1) for her.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:45 am

shaneb wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 pm
Thanks, that was my understanding as well. However, it was listed as required documents during the online application. I'm just going to ignore it as I'm essentially applying under 3(1) for her.

I'm doing same application, for my kid MN1 online, i just ignored that part,