ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to tier 2 from tier 4

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blattes

Switching to tier 2 from tier 4

Post by Blattes » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi,
A friend of mine is thinking to switch to Tier 2 from Tier 4, she has 2 months left until her visa expires. So she wants to know if she is still eligible to work full-time whilst waiting for her Tier 2, even if her Tier 4 visa is expired. Thanks in advance.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Switching to tier 2 from tier 4

Post by UKLL » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:24 pm

She can work full time if she has completed her Course

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Yeah but is it still possible after her tier 4 expired whilst waiting for tier 2?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:08 pm

"Tier 4 students who have completed their degree and who have submitted their Tier 2 visa application can commence full-time permanent employment in the role for which the CoS has been assigned whilst their visa application is pending. The Compliance Team will require evidence that both conditions have been met before this can be authorised"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:08 pm
"Tier 4 students who have completed their degree and who have submitted their Tier 2 visa application can commence full-time permanent employment in the role for which the CoS has been assigned whilst their visa application is pending. The Compliance Team will require evidence that both conditions have been met before this can be authorised"
Thank you. :D