ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The myth of marriage settlement (fiancé)visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mokhad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

The myth of marriage settlement (fiancé)visa

Post by Mokhad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Dear Forum members

I would like to share the good news that my fiancé has been granted a fiancé visa :D. Alhamdollilah. I must say I was discouraged a lot by posts here saying that the chances of being granted a fiancé visa are less than a spouse settlement visa. I am glad to prove this otherwise. In terms of relationship evidence, we only submitted about 6 pictures in total, ten pages of Whatsapp messages and five pages of call logs. Totally over the moon today. I should add, my fiancé left UK voluntarily in order to apply for entry clearance. We are glad that we didn’t listen to a few legal representatives who said not to leave UK on any condition. My fellow members, such advice only delays things and is not helpful if all you want is to marry and settle down with the love of your life. Best wishes

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: The myth of marriage settlement (fiancé)visa

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Congratulations but sadly you have to redo the same expensive process again in 6 months time. I don't think anyone here discourages from fiancee visa rather give good advise to apply straight spouse visa after marriage to avoid to pay for two expensive applications.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mokhad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mokhad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:06 pm

Unfortunately marrying abroad was not an option for us. We have our loved ones in this country and it wouldn’t have made sense to marry just for the sake of marriage which our loved ones couldn’t be a part of. There is really no sadness now, only happiness and happy days ahead. Inshallah.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:29 am

Congratulations!

To avoid any confusion for other members, as these are the only 2 posts you have made on the forum I can see that you haven't been given advice on your own fiancee visa application. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mokhad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mokhad » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:29 am
Congratulations!

To avoid any confusion for other members, as these are the only 2 posts you have made on the forum I can see that you haven't been given advice on your own fiancee visa application. :idea:
I agree I haven’t been given direct advices this forum but I have been following this forum and reading the posts here. Is this an issue? Why would this lead to any confusion?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Mokhad wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:19 pm
Casa wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:29 am
Congratulations!

I agree I haven’t been given direct advices this forum but I have been following this forum and reading the posts here. Is this an issue? Why would this lead to any confusion?
No issue, simply a clarification that you weren't ill-advised by forum members on your own application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.