ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension Questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk1234
inactive

Tier 2 Extension Questions

Post by rk1234 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi there,

I am asking this on behalf of my friend (Mr.x) who is not in the forum.

- Mr.X is on tier 2 general visa for last 3 years
- Mr.x is married.
- Current visa will be due for extension by April 15,2018

2 questions

1 - Can Mr.X make a premium application in end-of-march or early april and later his wife make a new postal application ? OR is there a rule to make applications together in same method ?

2. Mr.x's current salary is less than experienced salary requirements. However the employer has offered to pay higher salary from April 1 2018. Should the premium application be made only after the date of higher salary or can the application be made few days earlier with a letter from employer stating the increased salary starting next month. (will this anyway impact the application decision)

Is there anything we need to be aware of recent news on number of applications reaching the limit in december/jan ?

Thanks in advance assuming someone is going to answer.

Regards

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Extension Questions

Post by UKLL » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:11 pm

rk1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:35 pm
Hi there,

I am asking this on behalf of my friend (Mr.x) who is not in the forum.

- Mr.X is on tier 2 general visa for last 3 years
- Mr.x is married.
- Current visa will be due for extension by April 15,2018

2 questions

1 - Can Mr.X make a premium application in end-of-march or early april and later his wife make a new postal application ? OR is there a rule to make applications together in same method ?

2. Mr.x's current salary is less than experienced salary requirements. However the employer has offered to pay higher salary from April 1 2018. Should the premium application be made only after the date of higher salary or can the application be made few days earlier with a letter from employer stating the increased salary starting next month. (will this anyway impact the application decision)

Is there anything we need to be aware of recent news on number of applications reaching the limit in december/jan ?

Thanks in advance assuming someone is going to answer.

Regards
1. I don't know
2. It does not matter what salary Mr X is having now because it will be asked. Mr X will use his CoS to apply for the visa, and the Start Date on the CoS will be something like 16 April 2018, so the salary on the CoS will be the higher one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Extension Questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:44 pm

PBS dependent can apply after main applicant but MUST apply before visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.