ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No CSI/ unemployment gaps, can I be exempt?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonana
Newly Registered
Poland

PR help and advice needed!

Post by jonana » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Hello everyone, hope you're well.

I am a Polish National that came to UK in 2006 as a 11 year old with my parents. I am now applying for UK Permanent Card. I have been working since I'm 18 (2013) until now. I have also attended college at two different points. I have been and still am living at the same address as my parents.

1. Going back 6 years, there is a point where I've only been attending college, and haven't started working yet. As a college student (full time) do I still need to prove my Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (I never had one back in Poland!)?

2. I have had couple of unemployment gaps, in one of them I have been attending college for next two months, and then still been unemployed for next two or three months. I haven't been claiming any benefits, I was living at my parents house, I have had no bills to pay. At that time, I have been fully supported by my parents and living off my own savings as well. Will this be seen as an issue for HO? Do I need to provide them with any evidence I have been looking for a job, or will a letter explaining the situation above be sufficient?

Taking this into consideration, will I be better off applying at the same time as my dad in one application? Neither my mum or dad have UK Permanent Cards yet.

3. I don't have P45's or P60's from all of my jobs, I do however have an updated employment history from HM Revenue, will this be sufficient? I am also able to phone all my past employers and ask for a letter confirming dates I have been working for them, if this will be of any help. Would this practice be also recommended for my education history?

4. What letters are best to use to prove my history of residence? I'm also struggling to find any decent letters the later years. Will a printed pay slip from my past employer be good enough? I've never received paper payslips from my first employer, I have had them emailed to me, they do have my old address on them and a date, but it is a printed out copy. Will bank corespondency such as 'changes to my bank account' (Not bank statements) be ok?

Any advice/tips will be helpful! Thanks!

Jayjay2017
Nigeria

Re: PR help and advice needed!

Post by Jayjay2017 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm

The employment history from the HMRC is a good document to have. Also, endeavour to get letters confirming your employment from the companies you worked with.

Will it be possible to get bank statements to cover the period? Even if they are electronic you can print them out and get them stamped at a bank branch.

Also, where you registered with a gp or on the electoral roll during the period?

jonana
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by jonana » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Jayjay2017 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm
The employment history from the HMRC is a good document to have. Also, endeavour to get letters confirming your employment from the companies you worked with.

Will it be possible to get bank statements to cover the period? Even if they are electronic you can print them out and get them stamped at a bank branch.

Also, where you registered with a gp or on the electoral roll during the period?
Thank you for your help.

Once I include employment history letter and letters from my past employers, it won't be an issue if no p60 or p45s are included?

Yes, I have already ordered 2 bank statements for each year from my bank, but I do want to include different kinds of letters if possible. If they come straight from my bank to they still need to be stamped?

I was registered with a GP ever since I came here, and I am on the electrical roll since I was of age, however I'm struggling to find a letter proving it. (Seriously, who keeps all those letters at 20 years old :O)

Thanks.

Jayjay2017
Nigeria

Post by Jayjay2017 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 pm

You can contact the council and they will give you a letter to confirm your presence on the electoral roll for each year you have been registered. Also get a letter from your GP to confirm your registration since whatever date you registered.

You don’t need P60s or P45s if you’re able to get employee letters/HMRC history.

It’s best not to submit unnecessary documents.

jonana
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by jonana » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Jayjay2017 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 pm
You can contact the council and they will give you a letter to confirm your presence on the electoral roll for each year you have been registered. Also get a letter from your GP to confirm your registration since whatever date you registered.

You don’t need P60s or P45s if you’re able to get employee letters/HMRC history.

It’s best not to submit unnecessary documents.
Okay will do that. Thank you so much!

jonana
Newly Registered
Poland

No CSI/ unemployment gaps, can I be exempt?

Post by jonana » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Hello everyone

I'm EU National.

As I'm filling out my PR Card application, another problem arises! I was a student and had an unemployment gap within my 5 year period. However, I have lived at my parents house at all times, and they supported me fully, I have had no bills to pay, my own savings etc.. (I was 21 and under then) And obviously, I did not have CSI back in my home country! However, after making couple of phone calls I was advised to apply at the same time as my dad (also EU National, no PR Card yet) I understand that this meant to use my dad as a sponsor, right? Meaning, we will fill out his application (online) first and then mine second, under the direct family members of EEA national - dependant section. Am I on the right track? My dad has always been working full time, no unemployment gaps, always paying taxes and NI, so he definitely is a qualifying person. Will this exempt me from having to prove CSI?

Should we include a covering letter explaining this situation? What's best to write?

Also I had an unemployment gap when I was 19-20 of 7 months.The only reason why it was so long is because I actually received a job offer after 4 months of looking for a job, the only reason why it took another 3 months for me to actually start working, was because it was a job offer at the airport, I had to have all background checks done on me such as DBS checks, references etc... It took a while for them to do that. I do have an email inviting me to the interview, that I can print out and include with an explanation. However will this be still necessary in this case? I was still residing in the UK at the same address and have bank statements to prove that.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No CSI/ unemployment gaps, can I be exempt?

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.