ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suryavaddi

FLR(M) application

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Dear All,

My wife has written English language test (GESE Grade 2 A1 level) then passed in UK to apply FLR(M) but unfortunately she is traveling to India for couple of months before visa expired here. My question is...

1. If she apply from India as a British Citizen dependent, does this English test valid in India?

Please advise.

Surya
Surya

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: English Langauage for Dependent Visa

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 pm

She can't apply for FLR(M) from outside of the UK
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Casa wrote:She can't apply for FLR(M) from outside of the UK
Hi Casa,

Thanks for quick reply. I knew that she can't apply FLR(M) outside UK. She will apply as outside of UK procedure but does this English language test valid when she apply from India?

Surya
Surya

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 pm

If valid for FLR(M) in UK, then valid for entry clearance as spouse / partner from anywhere outside UK as well.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If valid for FLR(M) in UK, then valid for entry clearance as spouse / partner from anywhere outside UK as well.
Thanks for quick reply Sushdmehta.
Surya

suryavaddi

FLR(M) Form filling help

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Dear All

I would like to apply for my wife FLR(M) as a partner of British Citizen in UK and I got the following queries to fill the form. Could you please clarify on these. (She is on PBS Dependant Leave to Remain).

Section 4 - Dependent Children (Do I need to fill this section) before that I'll give full details of mine and children.
A. I got British Citizen based on Long Residence in Feb,2014.
B. My son also got British Passport

Section 7B - Maintenance
7.6 Are you or your sponsor receiving any public funds - Yes or No?
Here my son is getting child benefit monthly. Do I need to tick Yes?
And my son was in India for almost one year due to mother circumstances and taken child benefit when my son wasn't here. Will it create any problem?

10.11 How long have you lived in the UK? I mentioned 2 Years and 8 months without any absence then she moved to India for almost one year.
Please provide details of any period of absence of more than six months during that time(I didn't get what this mean).

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Surya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Form filling help

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:11 pm

You need to name the child as a dependent on the form.
Section 7B - Maintenance
And my son was in India for almost one year due to mother circumstances and taken child benefit when my son wasn't here. Will it create any problem?/quote]
Do you mean YOU are getting child benefit? Children cannot claim benefits, it is the eligible adult who claims. If YOU receives the benefit, then tick yes.
And my son was in India for almost one year due to mother circumstances and taken child benefit when my son wasn't here. Will it create any
problem?
You have an obligation to inform HMRC if a child is going to be out of the UK for 12 weeks or more, as the benefit is stopped if they are away for long periods. You will need to speak to HMRC about the overpayment.
10.11 How long have you lived in the UK? I mentioned 2 Years and 8 months without any absence then she moved to India for almost one year.
Please provide details of any period of absence of more than six months during that time(I didn't get what this mean).
You need to calculate it from the date she arrived in the UK, however long that might be.
List her absences if it is longer than 6 months at a time. So the year she was abroad, you will have to list the details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:37 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to name the child as a dependent on the form.
Section 7B - Maintenance
And my son was in India for almost one year due to mother circumstances and taken child benefit when my son wasn't here. Will it create any problem?/quote]
Do you mean YOU are getting child benefit? Children cannot claim benefits, it is the eligible adult who claims. If YOU receives the benefit, then tick yes.
And my son was in India for almost one year due to mother circumstances and taken child benefit when my son wasn't here. Will it create any
problem?
You have an obligation to inform HMRC if a child is going to be out of the UK for 12 weeks or more, as the benefit is stopped if they are away for long periods. You will need to speak to HMRC about the overpayment.
You need to calculate it from the date she arrived in the UK, however long that might be.
List her absences if it is longer than 6 months at a time. So the year she was abroad, you will have to list the details.
Thanks you very much for quick reply CR001.

Sorry to bother you. I got one more thing that I would need to pay for her IHS (Immigration Health Service charge).

Where do I need to check and pay? Is there any site?
Please advise CR001.

Thanks.
Surya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Immigration Health Surcharge (Click)

It will be £500 for the initial 2.5 year FLR(M) visa and you need to pay it before applying as you need the IHS reference number for the FLR(M) form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:00 pm

CR001 wrote:Immigration Health Surcharge (Click)

It will be £500 for the initial 2.5 year FLR(M) visa and you need to pay it before applying as you need the IHS reference number for the FLR(M) form.

Thanks for your help CR001. Your help is bit relief now.

Thanks
Surya

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:35 pm

suryavaddi wrote:
CR001 wrote:Immigration Health Surcharge (Click)

Thanks for your help CR001. Your help is bit relief now.

Thanks
Hi CR001,

Sorry for disturb again.

When I'm trying to pay online Immigration Health Surcharge, it is asking me
Visa Route
and
Visa Type
It means which I'm going to apply or current visa details.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Surya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:43 pm

The visa you are applying for, so it should be 'settlement' and then 'spouse' I think.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:15 am

CR001 wrote:The visa you are applying for, so it should be 'settlement' and then 'spouse' I think.
Hi CR001

The following details are showing when I try to pay. When I select FLR in visa route then reflecting the following options are coming in visa type. I'm thinking we need to select FLR in visa route then FLR(M) in visa type but I'm not sure.

My wife is on PBS Dependant (Tier 1 General).

Visa Route
Discretionary Leave
Further Leave to Remain - FLR
Further Leave to Remain Other - FLR(O)
PBS Dependant (Tiers 1, 2 and 5)
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 2 PBS Dependant
Tier 5

Visa Type
Armed Forces - FLR(AF)
Business - FLR(BUS)
Family and Private Life - FLR(FP)
Highly Skilled Migant Programme - FLR(HSMP)
Long Residence - FLR(LR)
Marriage - FLR(M)

Thanks
Surya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 am

Visa Route
Discretionary Leave
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 2 PBS Dependant
Tier 5

Visa Type
Armed Forces - FLR(AF)
Business - FLR(BUS)
Long Residence - FLR(LR)
Marriage - FLR(M)
Yes, this would make sense however I have not had the experience of the health surcharge payments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Visa Route
Discretionary Leave
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 2 PBS Dependant
Tier 5

Visa Type
Armed Forces - FLR(AF)
Business - FLR(BUS)
Long Residence - FLR(LR)
Marriage - FLR(M)
Yes, this would make sense however I have not had the experience of the health surcharge payments.
Thanks for you help CR001. I'll find out is there any contact number of IHS or to pay by phone?
Surya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:32 pm

I am not sure if there is a contact number but you can't pay over the phone, you need to pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

suryavaddi

Immigration Health Service Charge

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Dear All

Has any one paid IHS charge in online?

What is the Visa Route and Visa Type here?

Do we need to select current visa or which we are going apply for?

I would like to apply for FLR(M) now.

Has any one got experienced ? Please advise.

Thanks
Surya

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) application

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:07 pm

The category that one is applying for - FLR(M). Browse the (route) list and see which one leads to (type) FLR(M).

And, please keep your queries regarding FLR(M) application in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:42 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The category that one is applying for - FLR(M). Browse the (route) list and see which one leads to (type) FLR(M).

Thanks sushdmehta. Ok I'll keep.
Surya

Amiqur
Newly Registered

Post by Amiqur » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi there now I am on ILR. before I was on tier 2 general category I, my wife came in this country when I was on my tier 2 general category now my status has change to ILR she is been in this country since March 2013 here visa expires on 15 October 2015 she needs and extension of 30 months before she apply for ILR.
I was trying to pay the IHS fees before I apply for the visa but have wrongly entered the detail and had excepted the terms and condition. I have already created her account can I make a new account with the same detail and passport number as I can't see any edit option once I logged in. Can some one help me to edit the IHS detail and also how to fill the IHS form and how much to pay as a fees.

Regards
(amiqur)

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:12 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The category that one is applying for - FLR(M). Browse the (route) list and see which one leads to (type) FLR(M).

Hi sushdmehta,

I'm planning to take Premium Service Centre for FLR(M) with in next three days but I've already paid IHS in online. Is it possible to get appointment that early?

Even though I've registered to get appointment to check when it would be available but it is taking me to again IHS site for payments.

How to resolve this problem? Please advise.

Thanks
Surya

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:29 pm

suryavaddi wrote:

Hi All

Please advise any one.

I'm planning to take Premium Service Centre for FLR(M) with in next three days but I've already paid IHS in online. Is it possible to get appointment that early?

Even though I've registered to get appointment to check when it would be available but it is taking me to again IHS site for payments.

How to resolve this problem? Please advise.

Thanks
Surya

suryavaddi

Applying for ILR or FLR(M)

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Dear All,

Can I get help on this issue, please?

I just wanted to know am I eligible for ILR based on below situation.

I have entered the UK based on Tier 1 General dependant in Nov 2011 - Jul 2014 then I was out of UK for 1 year and came back in Jul 2015. Visa was expiring in Sep 2015.

Then I was applied for visa again based on UK citizenship dependant i.e, FLR(M).

I have completed total 5 years 4 months all together including PBS dependant + UK citizenship dependant.

Am I eligible to apply for ILR or Do I need to apply for FLR(M) extesion?

Please advise on this.

Kind regards,
SV
Surya

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for ILR or FLR(M)

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Your immigration clock we re-set to zero when you switched to FLR(M). You need to complete 5 years under this category before qualifying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

suryavaddi

Re: Applying for ILR or FLR(M)

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Ok. Thanks for the replied.
Surya