ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very frightened: week overstay travel visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ericadawn
Newly Registered
Ireland

Very frightened: week overstay travel visa

Post by ericadawn » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm

My husband is an Irish Citizen in the Republic of Ireland.
I am an American Citizen.
I brought my husband to America to live and he left everything to try to stay there with me. Because of extraordinary family circumstances we were not able to stay. We had to pack everything and come back to Ireland.
Now I am trying to stay in Ireland with him permanently.
I had to leave America as quickly as possible as he was still not legally able to work and I was not able to stay around my family anymore.
We had nothing left.
We left and I arrived in Ireland asap with him and got a 3 month permission to stay.
Since then we have been under a lot of pressure to get settled and get our paperwork for my immigration. I was unable to get very important papers sent to me on time and now I realize that I am already about a week overstayed over my 3 month visa.
What do I do????????
Am I about to lose my entire life now? Will I have to go home? Who do I go to who would understand. Are they going to take me away from him?
I have an immigration lawyer but in this snowstorm we are unable to reach him.
Please advise if you have any advise at all.
Thank you so much for your time.
Erica and Mark.

Grace620

Re: Very frightened: week overstay travel visa

Post by Grace620 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Dear take it easy keep stick with lawyer for due law process ,it's would not be a problem if you stayed over .my knowledge your well secure as spouse of irish citizens.

Best wishes
Regards Grace

TMM1305
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Very frightened: week overstay travel visa

Post by TMM1305 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:46 am

You’re married to an Irish Citizen. You’ll be fine. I know a few people who are Irish spouses who waited far longer than you to renew. None of them ever had any issues. Just get the paperwork in as soon as you can. And relax. 🙂