ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to make final decision

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gps

Post by gps » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:03 pm

Hi All,

I am in very difficult situation now. Here are my details -
HSMP approved - May 2004
EC Taken - Aug 25th 2004 in India

I could not go to UK till now and I will not be able to go there till May 2005 due to some family problems. I was planning to go to UK in April to look for job and then start job in May(IT). This will give me max 2 months before FLR.

1) Shall I go to UK in May and work there 2 months and apply for FLR in July (1 month before expire). It is a big risk game as -
a) I have to leave my current well paid job in India for that AND I may not get FLR, that will be very bad situation for me.
b) If any company will give me job they will give it till Aug 2005 only
(2 months only), will they give job for 2 months only or not ?
a) what shall I do if my FLR gets rejected ? any option for me ? or I will lose every thing.....

2) Shall I wait for current EC to expire in Aug-2005 and Apply for new HSMP.
a) Can I apply HSMP again ? Do thay keep track of my record and check weather this person has applied earlier or not and reject on that basis.
c) when should I start my HSMP process again ? after EC expire or before that ?
b) if I get HSMP approval again, EC will check my old stamping and question me why I didn't go to UK last time ? any problem there ?

I am in very tense situation now and I have to decide weather I should go now OR apply HSMP again. I need your advice. I need your advice.I need your advice.

Pl help me to take correct decision.

Regards-
gps

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:27 pm

Is it possible to take a 4 week break from your current job, if possible travel to UK and try getting a job. If you dont succeed you still have your job in India.

Cheers,

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:30 pm

Try to think of the worst case scenario for each avenue, and then decide what you would prefer of the worst possible outcomes. That might help you decide. Unfortunately, only you can make this decision. Whatever you decide, I hope it works out the best for you.

brave
Newly Registered

Post by brave » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:41 pm

I remember one of the consultants telling me that:
1. One should make an entry to UK within 6 months(after HSMP is stamped on the passport).
2. Also one should get a HSMP stamped in passport in 3 months(after approval)

Hence you should check with the UK embassy before making your travel plans.

gps

Post by gps » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi kumar1977,

I was/am planning to go to UK for job hunt in April. if I get any job then only I will resign from my current job. But if I don't get FLR then it will be worst situation for me.

Regards
- gps

zeke

Post by zeke » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:00 pm

Indeed you do have a difficult quandry, one which I suppose you are losing a lot of sleep over!

My suggestion is that the cleanest thing for you to do is to re-apply; with recent response times so short, you could have approval quickly, and not have to worry about all of the problematic things you have listed in your posts here.

You have nothing to hide in the fact that you were unable to come to the UK because of family issues -- that is a legitimate reason to not come, in my opinion.

You may want to explain in your application that you had pressing, unanticipated family problems that required you to remain in your home country rather than come to the UK -- you could include evidence of this,
such as a letter from a physician or other evidence pertaining to your family situation.

Just be aware that HSMP fees may be increasing in April -- that is what many on this board thinks.

Also -- if you do decide to come to the UK on a visitor's visa to job hunt, be sure that that is legal -- it seems to me that I have seen posts on this board that say that job-hunting on a visitor's visa is not legal. You don't want to compound your problems!
Be Well!

gps

Post by gps » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks Zeke,

If I decide to applly for HSMP again.
Pl let me know -

1) Can I apply HSMP before the expiry of my EC (Aug 2005) ?
2) Do I have to mention in the HSMP form that I have got approval once and didn't go there ?

Pl Reply.
Regards,