ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got refusal on my T2 visa due to salary problem- help!!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Got refusal on my T2 visa due to salary problem- help!!!!

Post by alicia1027 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Hey, I just got my refusal letter from home office saying that my application for T2 general visa has been refused due to salary problem.
So basically, I tried to switch my T4 student visa to T2 general visa on Jan 20, and got rejected on Feb 27, and today I just got the letter. My T4 student visa has already expired and my BRP is destroyed by Home Office as they noted on the letter.
The only reason that they rejected my visa is that the min acceptable rate of pay for 45 hour week for work is around 26,424 pounds per year under the heading Management consultants and business analysts. But on my CoS it is only 21,000 pounds per year.

My choices are :
1) apply for administrative review: should I propose to my sponsor to raise the salary to the min requirement(which is super high), or Could I change my job title to an relatively entry-level position? Also, do I need to apply for a new CoS?
2) apply for another new application, but my T4-student visa got expired. My documents including passport are still kept by Home Office. Also, the questions are the same: should my sponsor raise the salary or Could I change my job title to entry-level position? Do I need to apply for a new CoS?

Which is better for me to choose????

Can Someone help me urgently? I really feel frustrated about this....

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Got refusal on my T2 visa due to salary problem- help!!!!

Post by alicia1027 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Can anyone give me some suggestions? Please....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 am

For any new application, you require a new COS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am

alicia1027 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:50 pm
Hey, I just got my refusal letter from home office saying that my application for T2 general visa has been refused due to salary problem.
So basically, I tried to switch my T4 student visa to T2 general visa on Jan 20, and got rejected on Feb 27, and today I just got the letter. My T4 student visa has already expired and my BRP is destroyed by Home Office as they noted on the letter.
The only reason that they rejected my visa is that the min acceptable rate of pay for 45 hour week for work is around 26,424 pounds per year under the heading Management consultants and business analysts. But on my CoS it is only 21,000 pounds per year.

My choices are :
1) apply for administrative review: should I propose to my sponsor to raise the salary to the min requirement(which is super high), or Could I change my job title to an relatively entry-level position? Also, do I need to apply for a new CoS?
2) apply for another new application, but my T4-student visa got expired. My documents including passport are still kept by Home Office. Also, the questions are the same: should my sponsor raise the salary or Could I change my job title to entry-level position? Do I need to apply for a new CoS?

1. If you apply for administrative review they use the same information and documents provided to them so I don't think your proposal to change salary or change job title could work

2. You need a new CoS and you need to leave the country if your legal leave has expired. As you will be applying from outside the UK your employer will need to undertake Resident Labour Market Test and apply for a restricted CoS.

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicia1027 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 am
For any new application, you require a new COS.
Hey Thank you!
So technically if my sponsor is willing to give me a new CoS and I reapply for a new visa application, could I stay in the country while waiting for my new application result?

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicia1027 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:41 pm

UKLL wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am
alicia1027 wrote:

My choices are :

1. If you apply for administrative review they use the same information and documents provided to them so I don't think your proposal to change salary or change job title could work

2. You need a new CoS and you need to leave the country if your legal leave has expired. As you will be applying from outside the UK your employer will need to undertake Resident Labour Market Test and apply for a restricted CoS.
Hey Thank you so much!
Do I have to leave the country to reapply? Cause one of my colleagues got the same problem as mine before. Her T4 student visa also expired when she got rejected letter from UKVI. But she stayed in the country and reapplied it again and ended up with receiving an approved T2 visa.
I don't know in this case could I follow her path ?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:59 pm

alicia1027 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:41 pm
UKLL wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:

My choices are :

Hey Thank you so much!
Do I have to leave the country to reapply? Cause one of my colleagues got the same problem as mine before. Her T4 student visa also expired when she got rejected letter from UKVI. But she stayed in the country and reapplied it again and ended up with receiving an approved T2 visa.
Did she apply right after? I think if the letter asks you to leave the UK it still gives you 14 days or something for you to legally stay in the UK and as I said above you need to leave the country IF YOUR LEGAL LEAVE HAS EXPIRED (don't reply on me tho)

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicia1027 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

UKLL wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:59 pm
alicia1027 wrote:
UKLL wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:

My choices are :

Hey Thank you so much!
Did she apply right after? I think if the letter asks you to leave the UK it still gives you 14 days or something for you to legally stay in the UK and as I said above you need to leave the country IF YOUR LEGAL LEAVE HAS EXPIRED (don't reply on me tho)
Yes she did. Thank you so much for the advice anyway.
Just one question - my passport and brp has been kept by UKVI. When I reapply for the visa and post my documents, should I mention that my former reference number with a note saying my original documents are kept by them?
Thank you!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:53 pm

alicia1027 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm
UKLL wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:
UKLL wrote:

Hey Thank you so much!
Just one question - my passport and brp has been kept by UKVI. When I reapply for the visa and post my documents, should I mention that my former reference number with a note saying my original documents are kept by them?
Thank you!
I am not sure about this sorry, but if I remember correct in the application form it asks you if you could provide your passport etc. and if not it asks you why and maybe you could provide all the information there?

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicia1027 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 pm

UKLL wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:53 pm
alicia1027 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm
UKLL wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:

Hey Thank you so much!
Thank you!
I am not sure about this sorry, but if I remember correct in the application form it asks you if you could provide your passport etc. and if not it asks you why and maybe you could provide all the information there?
Thank you !