ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Stripping

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JamBrit
Newly Registered
Mood:
Jamaica

Citizenship Stripping

Post by JamBrit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 am

After receiving British Citizenship how easy is it to lose it and how often has normal people who make a few mistakes in life lose their citizenship not talking about terrorist ?

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship Stripping

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 am

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JamBrit
Newly Registered
Mood:
Jamaica

Post by JamBrit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:57 pm

A public ceremony I attended with my wife for naturalisation in December had one person stripped of entitlement to become a British citizen. His guests sat down in front of me, they checked the people attending details, he came to his guests and informed them his certificate had been returned and he was not entitled to become a British citizen, they got up and left god knows what came to light. But you feel they could of checked before leaving it 5 minutes before ceremony started.

JamBrit
Newly Registered
Mood:
Jamaica

Post by JamBrit » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:14 am

:D good thing I am eligible and I been a good citizen 🤣 then and I came here legally and never broken a law, thank God whewwww I was really fretting there man thanks .

JamBrit
Newly Registered
Mood:
Jamaica

Post by JamBrit » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am

Anyways that’s sad and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone after all the stress and the money spend for the whole process hope all work out afterwards for that guy.