ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call and chat logs - Too much information?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lokum786
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Call and chat logs - Too much information?

Post by lokum786 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:20 am

Hello,

I have been married for 10 months and have spent 2 months and 3 weeks in total with my wife. The time we've spent apart has involved us communicating via whatsapp for chats and calls.

I've gathered around 25 pages (A4 - six screens per page, single-side) of chats and 23 of call logs. This is roughly 3 or 4 snapshots per week. I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out, but I've been advised by my immigration advisor to also include a full text format log of our chat. I've calculated that to be roughly 500 pages which I think is ridiculous. Would I really need to submit that much info? Any advice please as I dread having to sift through and edit out sensitive stuff from the log file.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Call and chat logs - Too much information?

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 am

Few screenshots from beginning, middle and end of a month. They just want to see you continued to communicate. You've only been married 10 months and spend 2 months together, 15-20 pages max I'd say for screenshots.

Make sure other docs are in order.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am

Don't just rely on that source alone rather also include tickets, entry stamps, photos, gift receipts, hotel resturant bills, family gatherings, money sent receipts etc
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

lokum786
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by lokum786 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks for replying. I also have money transfer receipts, photos of us together and with family, a few restaurant and takeaway receipts, tickets, a few gift receipts, airtime topup receipts which I regularly send.. I think it should be enough. A 500 page behemoth added to that seems excessive to me. I don't think they'll read the screenshots let alone a full log.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Sounds good, keep the documents streamlines. You have a lot of it covered.

InshaAllah all goes well for you, all the best.

webdesignt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by webdesignt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am
Don't just rely on that source alone rather also include tickets, entry stamps, photos, gift receipts, hotel resturant bills, family gatherings, money sent receipts etc
This seems to be like good advice. Maybe the more the better?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Not necessarily - quality is better than quantity. It all depends on individual case and what is available and what is lacking that needs to be covered with something else to make up for it.