ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I want to go to my country permanently when refugee status has been granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NightBird
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I want to go to my country permanently when refugee status has been granted

Post by NightBird » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi there!
I was granted asylum (leave to remain) in 2016 but I want to go back to Pakistan my home country forever since my circumstances have changed. I have UK travel document and my Pakistani passport is with HO and it is expired, I have my Pakistani national ID card with me but expired also.
I called Pakistani Embassy, refugee center, Home Office but no one is giving me right information.
I want to go back within a week. How should I do?
Can I travel to Pakistan with UK travel document and just never come back etc?

krisbol17
Wales

Re: I want to go to my country permanently when refugee status has been granted

Post by krisbol17 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:03 pm

If the grant was because of a succesful asylum application, is it a refugee status or DLR outside immigration rules?

If it's the former, I think it will say "you are not permitted to travel to Pakistan" on your refugee travel document?

Now you can exit the UK without an immigration stamp but now the questions are:
  • Will the airline let you board a plane going to Pakistan?
  • Once you land, will you be allowed back in Pakistan (at the airport) because the travel document you will be carrying basically shows that you sought asylum from Pakistan so I don't know how Pakistani immigration will take that. Maybe if it's not a political asylum, there may not be issues but these things you need to find out as well.
Not an expert but I thought I'd share my thoughts on the issue.