ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

20 hours extra work

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sreejithsutheepan
Newly Registered
India

20 hours extra work

Post by sreejithsutheepan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi all,
I am on tier 2 visa. I am a pharmacist and do locum work on top of my employment. Once in a while the locum work goes over 20 hours a week. Like 21 or 22 hours. May be once in 2-3 months goes over or during bank holiday weekend. Will this be an issuse while applying for ILR?? Will home office know how many hours you are working outside?
Thanks in advanc

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: 20 hours extra work

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 pm

sreejithsutheepan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:05 pm
Hi all,
I am on tier 2 visa. I am a pharmacist and do locum work on top of my employment. Once in a while the locum work goes over 20 hours a week. Like 21 or 22 hours. May be once in 2-3 months goes over or during bank holiday weekend. Will this be an issuse while applying for ILR?? Will home office know how many hours you are working outside?
Thanks in advanc
Under no circumstance should you do more than 20 hours on the second paid job. Since the UKVI will have access to NI number and HMRC record, they might be able to detect that you have been doing more than 20 hours. Going 1 or 2 hours over the limit might seem insignificant but you are breaking the law and it could cause an issue when you apply for your ILR. When are you due for ILR?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sreejithsutheepan
Newly Registered
India

Post by sreejithsutheepan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi
I am due on November this year
This year i have not done once
Last whole year once it was 20.5 hours
I have 2 shifts in June during my holidays which brings that week to 22 hours. I am bit scared to do now as I think it is better to cancel it

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:54 pm

sreejithsutheepan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm
Hi
I am due on November this year
This year i have not done once
Last whole year once it was 20.5 hours
I have 2 shifts in June during my holidays which brings that week to 22 hours. I am bit scared to do now as I think it is better to cancel it
You can tell you second employer that you can only do 20 hours/ week.
According to Tier 2 Policy Guidance
Supplementary employment
232. You do not need to inform us of any supplementary employment, as long as it is:
• in either a job which is included on the Shortage Occupation List in Appendix K of the
Immigration Rules, or a job in the same profession, and at the same professional level,
as the work for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned; and
no more than 20 hours per week; and
• outside of the normal working hours for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was
assigned.
In addition, you must continue to work for your sponsor in the job recorded on your Certificate
of Sponsorship.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sreejithsutheepan
Newly Registered
India

Post by sreejithsutheepan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Thanks for your reply mate
I will cancel those shifts
Thanks
It is like a locum role. It is with different companies
Like asda boots etc.. i will cancel extra shifts
Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:03 pm

sreejithsutheepan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 pm
Thanks for your reply mate
I will cancel those shifts
Thanks
It is like a locum role. It is with different companies
Like asda boots etc.. i will cancel extra shifts
Thanks
You are welcome. I wish you all the best

kendoka
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kendoka » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm

What if I had already done some locum more than 20hrs/week in the past out of ignorance and stopped?? Even though I never exceeded 40hrs in a months.. Spoken to the secondary employer and they say they would split the hours worked so it doesn't reflect as more than 20hrs in any week... How is this possibly done... Where can this reflection be seen??

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am

kendoka wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm
What if I had already done some locum more than 20hrs/week in the past out of ignorance and stopped?? Even though I never exceeded 40hrs in a months.. Spoken to the secondary employer and they say they would split the hours worked so it doesn't reflect as more than 20hrs in any week... How is this possibly done... Where can this reflection be seen??
The past is gone, I am not sure if this will affect your ILR or not but what you can do is to make sure that going forward you are not doing more than 20 hrs per week in the secondary employment. Once you have your ILR you will have more freedom. You will usually be asked to submit payslip for 3 months (some people supply up to 6 months as well as P60). HO has access to your HMRC record and can easily detect how much you are earning. I think the focus will be more on your primary employment as that's where you are sponsored. HO might look into the secondary job if you are claiming the income to make up for the salary requirement