ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application: English Language Supporting Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SUMEETJ

Online Application: English Language Supporting Documents

Post by SUMEETJ » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Hello,

We are applying for my wife's naturalisation (as a Spouse of British Citizen). She has got an ILR and meets the residency requirements of 3+ years. We are using the new online system for application.

1) The Application Supporting Document Checklist which gets generated after submission of the application, doesn't have any mention around the English Language Requirement.

Can you please advise, what should we do? We have an NDRS Appointment on 8th March. For ILR, we had submitted the NARIC letter along with her Degree Certificate.

Appreciate your kind help.

2) Here is the list of supporting documents. Can you please advise if this looks ok:

- Her Indian Passports (Current and Previous)
- Her ILR BRP
- My British Passport
- Life in UK Pass Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Two Referee Reports
- Letter from Home Office Confirming All travels outside UK
- Letter from Current Employer confirming her tax reference, along with 3 months payslips.

Regards,
SJ

Blues1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Online Application: English Language Supporting Documents

Post by Blues1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:21 am

I would definitely add your NARIC letter along with her Degree Certificate.

I recently did the online application and even though it doesn't mention it in the Checklist, it clearly states in the guidance notes that evidence of knowledge of language and life in the uk is a requirement. Therefore I would recommend reading the guidance notes, in case there are any other documents you may need to send that are relevant to your situation that aren't mentioned on the checklist.

SUMEETJ

Re: Online Application: English Language Supporting Documents

Post by SUMEETJ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks for your reply.

To be safe, we will carry these with us and provide it to the NDRS Officer.