ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ukguy18
Newly Registered
India

ILR and Dependent visa

Post by Ukguy18 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:50 am

Hello,

I have couple of queries in relation to my ILR application and my wife's dependent visa which are as follows;

1. I am in Tier 2 (G) visa (valid till Aug 2019) will be qualified and will apply for ILR (using one day service) through 5 years route in April 2018. However, my sponsor’s license has been downgraded to ‘B’ in Feb 2018 and they have paid for 'action plan' and will get it completed within 3 months to upgrade it back to ‘A’. If it continues to be B rated by the time I qualify for ILR, can I still apply for ILR or shall I wait until it gets back to A rated.

2. My wife got Tier 2 dependent visa in July 2017 and it is valid untill Aug 2020 (3 years).
i) Does she need to apply for new visa as a dependent of ILR straightaway after I get ILR in May 2018?
ii) Or can she continue under Tier 2 dependent visa which is valid till Aug 2020 eventhrough I am in ILR/ have British passport by then?
iii) If so can she apply for extension for another 3 years to complete her 5 years route for ILR in Aug 2020? Which application will she have to apply for at that point?
Thanking you in advance.

Ukguy18
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR and Dependent visa

Post by Ukguy18 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Can someone pls help with my queries.

Many thanks.