ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separated spouse is refusing to give address for application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aphid
Newly Registered
United States of America

Separated spouse is refusing to give address for application

Post by aphid » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 am

Hi All

I have permanent residence via the non-EEA family member route and am now eligible for citizenship. (Hooray!) My (ex)husband and I separated last summer and unfortunately we do not have a good relationship now. The BC application notes that even if you are separated they treat you as married, so I understand that I need to fill out information about my (ex)husband including his address and town of birth. However I don't know where he's gone. I texted him to ask for his address and he refused to give it to me.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I figure I'll just note that he can be contacted using the postal redirect he set up at my place and explain that he's refused to give me his address? I can't decide if I should screen shot and print me asking for his address? His response wasn't particularly civil.

Will my application be penalised if I don't have his address and can't be certain about his town of birth?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Separated spouse is refusing to give address for application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Just state "current address unknown". This is not an issue as this is your application, independent of spouse.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

englishrose198
India

Re: Separated spouse is refusing to give address for application

Post by englishrose198 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:11 pm

If you are applying on 5 year stay route you dont need to worry about this details.

If you are applying as a spouse of BC under 3 year route, you need these details.

Otherwise you can leave those details altogether