ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long it takes for family tourist visa from India- Mumbai

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrmumbai
India

Family Visit visa for Maternal aunty for my baby birth in UK

Post by ilrmumbai » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi Every1,

I am planning to sponsor my maternal aunty from India for the occasion of our baby birth in June third week.

She is my guardian since I was a child. I lived with her since I was 6 years old. On my Indian passport I still have the same address as her address in India. I would like her to come & stay with us for 2 months.

I have ILR since 2013 & my wife and daughter have dependent visa.

I am working full time & also self employed part time. I have enough savings to show.

I wanted to know what reason I should put on her application under reason for visit?

Also if I put duration of her stay as 2 months & if she stays more than than, would this be an issue for her future visa applications?

I know UKBA sometimes takes applicants as Child Carer if they are visiting during child birth?

Thank you

ilrmumbai
India

Re: Family Visit visa for Maternal aunty for my baby birth in UK

Post by ilrmumbai » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Dear Gurus,

Can somebody please help?

ouflak1

Re: Family Visit visa for Maternal aunty for my baby birth in UK

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:32 pm

ilrmumbai wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi Every1,

I am planning to sponsor my maternal aunty from India for the occasion of our baby birth in June third week.

She is my guardian since I was a child. I lived with her since I was 6 years old. On my Indian passport I still have the same address as her address in India. I would like her to come & stay with us for 2 months.

I have ILR since 2013 & my wife and daughter have dependent visa.

I am working full time & also self employed part time. I have enough savings to show.

I wanted to know what reason I should put on her application under reason for visit?
It is unwise to lie.
ilrmumbai wrote:
Also if I put duration of her stay as 2 months & if she stays more than than, would this be an issue for her future visa applications?
That would likely be the last time she is allowed into the UK, yes.
ilrmumbai wrote:
I know UKBA sometimes takes applicants as Child Carer if they are visiting during child birth?
Correct. The UK takes a rather narrow view on this unfortunately. Basically, a child carer, even a trusted family member, is considered a type of 'worker'. The reasons behind this are myriad and have to do with people who've exploited the visitor rules in this regards for unethical purposes.

If she demonstrates enough evidence that she will return when she says (and she actually does!), evidence of your relationship with her, and reasons for her visit, you've got a decent chance. But this type of situation garners a lot of scrutiny. Not your fault, the fault of others in the past. So you need to be very explicit and have strong supporting evidence.

ilrmumbai
India

Tourist visa Documents Checklist submitted without signature

Post by ilrmumbai » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Dear Guru,

I am bit concerned. I have sponsored my aunty from Mumbai- India for tourist visa. Today she submitted the application at VFS Mumbai.

There was two forms printed from online application.
1.Application from
2. Documents Checklist

Documents check list had a section to sign, date & name. Also counter sign by the documents collecting office.

We already wrote her name but signature & date needed to be done on the day in front of the officer. But he never asked to sign also he himself didnt sign.

They took her photo & bio metric details. Also electronic signature on the Tablet.

I am really worried if this VFS staff lapse will have an impact on her application?

Please help

ilrmumbai
India

Re: Tourist visa Documents Checklist submitted without signature

Post by ilrmumbai » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Dear Experts,

Can someone please help?

ilrmumbai
India

Re: Tourist visa Documents Checklist submitted without signature

Post by ilrmumbai » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Any Gurus please help?

My aunts application form is returned. Although this is an online application but still. They have only kept documents checklist that too is not signed.

Thank you

ilrmumbai
India

how long it takes for family tourist visa from India- Mumbai

Post by ilrmumbai » Tue May 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Dear,

I sponsored my Maternal Aunty from Mumbai for Tourist visa 6 months.

She submitted her application on 25 April at VFS Mumbai. She received a message saying its forwarded to UKVI next day.

We haven't heard anything else from them if its in process. Is there a way we can track online?

Whilst submitting they said she will receive 4 messages in total.

Its already 4th working day I am wondering whats happening? Also her visa start date is 11 May we mentioned on the form.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: how long it takes for family tourist visa from India- Mumbai

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:10 pm

You cannot track it online.

It will likely take more than 4 days.

general-uk-immigration-forum/visitor-vi ... l#p1616515
Also her visa start date is 11 May we mentioned on the form.
Her visa start date is likely to be when it is approved. Do you mean her 'travel date'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrmumbai
India

Post by ilrmumbai » Tue May 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi CR001,

Yes travel date is 11 May.

Thank you

ilrmumbai
India

Post by ilrmumbai » Thu May 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi,

Today I called Home Office contact centre to check the status. They confirmed its in process & awaiting decision.

Also they mentioned limit limit is until 17 May.

I was wondering why we didn't we receive any other SMS after the first one mentioning application is sent to UKVI?

Also do they take long now to decide, travel date is 11 May?

Thank you

ilrmumbai
India

Post by ilrmumbai » Thu May 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Any comments please?

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Tue May 08, 2018 11:06 am

ilrmumbai wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:13 pm
Any comments please?
Hi, Did you get any update.. we too applied for visitor visa on 26th April at Hyderabad. We put the travel date as 11th May. Not sure how long it is going to take.

Thanks,
Sri.

ilrmumbai
India

Post by ilrmumbai » Tue May 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi SrivisaN,

She received the visa. It was approved from 10 May for 6 months. Now she is in UK.

I hope you get the visa as well.

Regards

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed May 23, 2018 12:42 am

Congratulations, we too got our in-laws visas approved on 12th May.

So did you finally mentioned visa for 2 months ? also any issues if you mentioned the reason for visit to support maternity