ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application plus NTL - very confused..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhijack

Naturalisation application plus NTL - very confused..

Post by abhijack » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:38 pm

I am in a rather confusing situation. Please help to clear my muddled thought process.

I am all set up to send the application for Naturalisation through NCS on the week starting 19th March.

Currently, I have ILR stamped on an expired passport. I have been using this ILR endorsed passport plus current passport to travel without any issues.

Now my prospective new employer is insisting on NTL / Biometric card before I start working for them. It's a really good job and hence ideally I don't want to lose it.

When I looked up for premium service NTL the earliest I could find an appointment somewhere in the country is in the 2nd week of April.

I know its waste of money to apply for an NTL just before naturalisation. But I think to stay here without a job till British passport would be worse financially.

The only options that I can see in front of me are:
A) Apply for Naturalisation and British passport on the week starting 19th March and wait without a job until it arrives. ?? by end of June??
B) Apply for Naturalisation and also for NTL stamp on the current passport. I could get NTL potentially by 3rd week of April.

My query is:

1) Is there any technical/legal issues in applying for NTL (April 2nd week) whilst my naturalisation application is already under consideration (planning to get the application across by last week of March)?

2) If I get my biometrics done for Naturalisation before NTL appointment could that be used for NTL as well?

3) Can the employer take the Naturalisation application reference number as evidence of right to work until I get a decision?

4) Can anyone think of any other ways that would help me in my situation?

abhijack

Re: Naturalisation application plus NTL - very confused..

Post by abhijack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:48 pm

An update on this. Muddy waters more clear now!!
I am holding back Naturalisation application temporarily.

I managed to book NTL premium appointment for 4th April. Even better I managed to reschedule it to 27 March.

Can I expect the NTL/BRP within a week of premium appointment date?
Should I wait for it to arrive before making Naturalisation application? If not I could try to avoid the price rise and hence the question.