ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent extension then vary to ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Dependent extension then vary to ILR

Post by gratefulhart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am

I don't want to make a new post as I have similar issue as well. I am really sorry for this.

Husband's dependant visa will expire 21st Jan 2018 but he entered UK on 6th March 2013. We plan to apply for an extension of his Tier 2 dependant visa on 19th/20th January and vary to ILR on 7th/8th February 2018. I hope that will be okay.

Also, do we have to do the biometric if we get the letter before we vary the application?

Finally, is it possible to just go for postal ILR application as he is just about 20days short?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent extension then vary to ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:58 am

I sincerely apologise for asking question on another person's post.

What do you think about my question?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am

Don't apply directly for ILR by post, it might backfire on you and then the dependent has not valid leave to remain.

Apply for extension and then vary when the ILR requirement is met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank you. we will just go with the option of dependant application and variation to ILR later.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Update: Spouse has applied for Tier 2 dependant extension on 20th January. He was given 15 working days to send his supporting documents and 15 working days to enroll his biometrics. Briometric enrollment letter was generated immediately after submission.

Question: Since he will be due for ILR before the 15 working days deadline elapses, can he just hold on submitting his documents and instead apply for premium ILR application. This means he will still have his documents with him when he goes for his PEO appointment. Hope his Tier2 dependant application will not be deemed invalid?

heerasharma007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by heerasharma007 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello

Can you please share the outcome? I am in the same situation. Want to know of this worked for you.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 am

We are still waiting for the outcome of his ILR application.

However, this is the situation so far. After applying for the Tier 2 dependant visa, he did not do the biometrics as he was due for ILR before the 15 working days deadline given. He later got an email reminding him to enrol his biometrics a day after sending his ILR application by post. He replied informing them that he has varied the application to ILR by post. Home Office then replied that he does not have to do the biometrics again but will instead get another biometrics letter from the people dealing with his ILR application.

We have since then got an email that his ILR application is in progress and the biometric enrollment letter has been received and completed. Though the ILR fee has been taken. He is yet to get refund of his Tier 2 dependant visa fee and IHS fee. We will surely ask for the fees if they are yet to be refunded after his ILR application has been decided.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:12 am

Just to update everyone that we received the approval letter of my husband's ILR application today.

His NHS surchage and Tier 2 dependant extension application fees have been refunded as well.

seekit

Post by seekit » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

Hi, I am in a similar situation. Can you please let me know how the varying application process work? My wife will be applying for extension and then varying to ILR. As we need to submit all original documents with the first application does that mean when we submit the ILR application they'll get all original documents from the other application automatically and we just need to send any extra documents that are needed for ILR?

Many Thanks