ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Laminated Marriage Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agoel
Newly Registered

MN1 Form Laminated Marriage Certificate

Post by agoel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 am

Hi,

I (father of the child) will be applying for my son under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR) and have been asked for marriage certificate by the council for NCS service.

I am slightly confused as the FAQs here say that child born after 2006 do not need it but guidance notes from Home Office do not say anything like that. So my questions are:

1. Is laminated marriage certificate acceptable when father applies for son BC registration ?
2. Should I wait for wife ILR because it will become easier and we may not need marriage certificate?
3. My child is born in 2015 in UK so marriage certificate is irrelevant anyway?
4. Council has guided that its normal for parents to provide laminated marriage certificate and they will be sending it as cannot be verified. Is that something to worry about or okay?

Thanks in advance!