ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difficulties in booking citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonguyy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Difficulties in booking citizenship ceremony

Post by londonguyy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:56 pm

I got the letter of approval for my citizenship application on 2nd March (dated 24th February). I tried to book my citizenship ceremony on the same day using the online booking system of Camden Council (London), but the system did not recognise my details.
I called Camden Council on the same day (2/3) and they told me that I can only book my citizenship ceremony through this online system and that I should wait until Monday (5/3) or Tuesday (6/3) at the latest and that it would be ok by then.
I've been trying again today (6/3) to book my ceremony online, but to no avail. I called Camden Council again and another lady picked up the phone and this time I was told to wait up to 2 weeks from the date I received the letter (2/3).
However, if I wait until then (16/3), the 21-day deadline to book my ceremony will have passed (the Home Office approval letter clearly says that I should book my ceremony within 21 days from the day of the letter: 24/2).
What do you advise me to do?
Has anyone had such an experience before, with Camden Council or any other council?
Many thanks in advance.

akz

Re: Difficulties in booking citizenship ceremony

Post by akz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:44 am

Me same.got approval on 5 march.council told me once they will recieve my citizenship certificate from home office they will send me the ceremony letter.hope same will happened in ur case.
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

londonguyy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by londonguyy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks for your reply. Apparently, Camden Council does not send ceremony letters by post, like other councils do. They expect me to book the ceremony online, I am not going to receive any communication by Camden Council whatsoever (by post, email or phone). But as I've said, the online system does not recognise my details. Let's see...

MarioS12
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by MarioS12 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello I am having the exact same problem described by you. Can you let me know how you have ultimately resolved it? Thanks