ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M application form queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

souaden12
Newly Registered

FLR M application form queries

Post by souaden12 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope everybody is doing well.

My wife and I (the sponsor) are in the process of filling the FLR M application, and we were hoping if someone can shed some light on some queries we have with regards to few sections fro the application form.

Our first query is with regards to the following application question:
What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?

My wife and I got married in Oman and we have a marriage certificate issued by the ministry of justice (notary public department) from Oman. The marriage certificate says on the top "SHARIA COURT MUSCAT - SHARIA MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE". The marriage certificate and its translation are both attested by Oman's ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affairs.

We successfully used the marriage certificate and its translation during the spouse visa process (therefore the certificate is accepted within the UK).

In terms of the FLR application question, do we put "Civil ceremony" as the answer, given that the marriage was conducted by a legal notary department? Or do we need to put something else because the certificate says it's a Sharia marriage?

Second query is with regards to the following application question:
Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

I am mainly responsible financially for my wife and our child. My wife name does appear on the water and council tax bill, however the direct debit goes to my bank accounts.

On rare occasions we use my wife's bank balance to pay for stuff.

Do we just tick NO for that question?

And finally the following application question:
Have you been issued with a Biometric residence permit with a previous application for
leave?

When my wife got her spouse visa she was issued a resident permit. Does that mean we answer yes to the question? Reading online there appears to be some unclear answers. Some say we should tick no for the question, but it doesn't seem to make sense to me because my wife does have a resident permit (with a number, issue date, and expiry date) that was issued with her spouse visa.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

souaden12
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M application form queries

Post by souaden12 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Just bumping the thread up.

I think by doing some research I answered two of my questions. For BRP I didn't know there was a rollout in 2015, which my wife was included in.

For marriage ceremony I think we'll just put civil ceremony as it was done in a court rather than a church/mosque.

That just leaves:
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

Which I'm still unsure about. Hoping if someone has further info on the question.

We have water bill, council tax, nursery bill (issued by council) in both our names. However I mainly pay for those.

We do both contribute to expenses like groceries, restaurants, child care, etc.

Basically my wife is currently unemployed but has some cash saved in her bank that we use occassionally. For example we're paying the application fee from her savings (which I contribute to monthly).

Does that mean we answer yes to the question and in the details say something like "Both contribute to living expenses, such as groceries, food, child care"?

Thanks