ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation & Investment Question as a Director

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xxtx2503
Newly Registered

Job Creation & Investment Question as a Director

Post by xxtx2503 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Dear everyone,

Regarding the job creation, I've had two UK citizens work in the company as part-time for a while. Now I'm considering to transfer them to full-time employee.

However, one of them is a partner of my business and had been appointed as Director. Is his position qualified for a CREATED JOB? And would his salary be treated as INVESTMENT?

Thanks a lot for your time.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Job Creation & Investment Question as a Director

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:18 pm

xxtx2503 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:50 pm
Dear everyone,

Regarding the job creation, I've had two UK citizens work in the company as part-time for a while. Now I'm considering to transfer them to full-time employee.

However, one of them is a partner of my business and had been appointed as Director. Is his position qualified for a CREATED JOB? And would his salary be treated as INVESTMENT?

For job creation, there is no restriction on partners being an employee. So, it qualifies for job creation.

Investment is money IN TO the company. Salary is money OUT OF the company. So not sure what you mean by that question.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

xxtx2503
Newly Registered

Post by xxtx2503 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for the information mate. If the director is as well a created job, I believe my second question is solved.

I was concerning about the calculated amount of investment. For instance,

If 20K is transferred to my own bank account as my salary, the final investment would be 200K - 20K = 180K, correct?

So back to this case, if 20K is transferred to my partner as his salary, the 20K would be the general business expense and my final investment would still be 200K, correct?

Many thanks mate.
marcnath wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:18 pm
xxtx2503 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:50 pm
Dear everyone,

For job creation, there is no restriction on partners being an employee. So, it qualifies for job creation.

Investment is money IN TO the company. Salary is money OUT OF the company. So not sure what you mean by that question.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:37 pm

xxtx2503 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:53 pm
For instance,

If 20K is transferred to my own bank account as my salary, the final investment would be 200K - 20K = 180K, correct?
Not really.That is true only if you had absolutely no revenues.
xxtx2503 wrote:

So back to this case, if 20K is transferred to my partner as his salary, the 20K would be the general business expense and my final investment would still be 200K, correct?
Correct.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

xxtx2503
Newly Registered

Post by xxtx2503 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Many thanks mate !
marcnath wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:37 pm
xxtx2503 wrote:
For instance,

Not really.That is true only if you had absolutely no revenues.
xxtx2503 wrote:

Correct.