ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – Questions about previous time of overstay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakskt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship – Questions about previous time of overstay

Post by pakskt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi Great peoples ,

I need some of your great help .

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of an EEA national (5 years + 1 year PR)
Language criteria met: Trinity colledge
Nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 28-Aug-2017
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI:
Date of acknowledgement: 04-Sep-2017
Date money gone off account: 08-Sep-2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 25th Sep 2017
Biometrics done: 27th Sep 2017
Date of approval: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting
Date applied for passports:
Date passports received:

Today i have received letter from HO following :

According to our record, you were in the UK without leave to remain under the immigration laws between august 2007 when your 10 year consideration period began and 8th September 2010 when you were granted further leave to remain . It would therefore appear that you were not compliant with UK immigration laws during this period and may not meet the good character requirement for naturalisation .

In order that we may give further consideration to your application , please complete the enclosed questionnaire and return it to us with the appropriate documentary evidence.

You must reply in writing to the above postal address by 4th March 2018 .

The questionaire Recieved today asked :
1. What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question? ( pls provide copies of any available correspondence)

2. Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs ( pls provide any supporting evidences eg bills, tenancy agreements etc)

3. Where did u live at this period and who else lived there? ( pls provide all addresses in full)

4. When and where did you work during this period?
5. When and where did you study during this period?
(pls provide evidences)

6. Did you receive any benefits during this period?
7. Did you receive funds from any other sources at this period?

8. Is there any other information that you wish to provide, that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?

That's all asked. Most of the questions are not applicable to me, but will give straight answer as NO, or NONE.

I am married to EU and have 3 kids .The period 2007 My case was on going in home office with my x British girlfriend as a living partner and I was going to signing London bridge Becket House Reporting centre since 2007 to 2010 every month .

I have met my EU wife in 2008 and got married in local town hall 2009 and applied for PR while my other application is still going into home office just for back up and i was still going to singing to reporting centre until i got my PR 8 Sep 2010 and Once I got my PR I withdraw the other application which was with my x girlfriend . My wife was working full time in 2008 have some pay slips and since 2009 until now she is register as a self employed and all her accounts are up to date and she was fully supporting me during 2008 to 2010 period .

I have 3 kids they all have British passport and my wife got her citizenship yesterday .

Can you please tell me what Answer should i give to home office regarding the question on Annex 1 form .
And which documents should i provide ?

Should i use legal adviser or do it myself ?

Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship – Questions about previous time of overstay

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:20 pm

The period 2007 My case was on going in home office with my x British girlfriend as a living partner and I was going to signing London bridge Becket House Reporting centre since 2007 to 2010 every month .
What is your full UK immigration history prior to marriage to an EU citizen?

What is the case/circumstances of this 'case was ongoing with home office' re ex girlfriend?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

My wife got the same as we were overstayers.
She provided some evidences like bank statements that we had some savings, tenancy agreement, council tax bill, some letters we exchanged with the HO trying to resolve the situation and an explanatory letter with the full account of what had happened. She did not work, study or claim benefits, so was it replied to the questions.
This all worked and she got her BC a week after we submitted all of these things.

pakskt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakskt » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:01 am

Thanks a lot mfreidin . I'll answer the all question and post it back next week with as much evidence i can .
i really appreciate your help .

Thanks again .

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi pakskt have you sent them docs? What was the outcome of your application?

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm

mfreidin wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm
She provided some evidences like bank statements that we had some savings, tenancy agreement, council tax bill, some letters we exchanged with the HO trying to resolve the situation and an explanatory letter with the full account of what had happened. She did not work, study or claim benefits, so was it replied to the questions.
This all worked and she got her BC a week after we submitted all of these things.
Hi for how long your wife overstayed? Can you tell me more about your case and how you solve it?

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Abbas12 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm
mfreidin wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm
Hi for how long your wife overstayed? Can you tell me more about your case and how you solve it?
About 1.5 months of the overstay. We sent our docs for ILR, but our bank blocked the card we used to pay for the application and the application was rejected. I called and faxed and sent letters to HO, all in vain. It took HO two months to return the docs, so we became overstayers. Not our fault at all and beyond our control. We booked a premium service and applied in person and were granted with ILR.

pakskt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakskt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Abbas ,

Yes I had send last week documents to HO along with my and my mrs personal statements .

documents are following :

1: Duly completed Annex 1 questionnaire
2: Personal statements of My self
3: Personal statements of my Mrs
4: Marriage certificate
5: Various family photographs
6: Mrs business bank statements
7: Mrs personal bank statements
8: Bills with my and mrs name together
9: Tenancy agreements joint names
10: Council tax bills joint names
11: Pay slips Mrs .
12: TV licensing
13: Business Invoices

I am waiting for answer now let see .

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm

pakskt wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 pm
Hi Abbas ,

Yes I had send last week documents to HO along with my and my mrs personal statements .

documents are following :

1: Duly completed Annex 1 questionnaire
2: Personal statements of My self
3: Personal statements of my Mrs
4: Marriage certificate
5: Various family photographs
6: Mrs business bank statements
7: Mrs personal bank statements
8: Bills with my and mrs name together
9: Tenancy agreements joint names
10: Council tax bills joint names
11: Pay slips Mrs .
12: TV licensing
13: Business Invoices

I am waiting for answer now let see .
Lets hope for the best. I am asking about questionnaire what supporting docs you sent along with answers and if you dont mind how you answered those questions. Thanks

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi every one
This site always very helpful for me
I'm due to apply for BC could some one help me and give advice thanks in advance

My immigration history

1-student visa valid Until 24/12/2011
2-tier4 application sent in time 22/12/11
3- 7/01/2012 tier 4 app Rejected as invalid due to payment problem
4-23/01/2012 another tier 4 app sent
5-25/01/2012 arrested during our wedding ceremony and served an IS151A

And kept me in removal center
6- Got bail on 15/02/12 put me in reporting until decision of pending tier4 application

7- Got married on 01/03/2012
8-sent eea2 and eea1 on 07/03/12 and withdraw tier 4 pending app
09- 11-04/12 got COA with right to work for eea2
10- Got resident card on 01/09/12

11- Got Pr card September 2017

12- Eligible for BC March 2018

Note: I didn't work 01/11/2011 to May 2012
My wife was supporting me she works full time
Till to date.

My question is about good character I will be consider overstyer or breach of immigration law ? Or I'm ok to go ahead ? Do I have any chance ?
Request to moderators and all please reply me I need your help and advice thanks Everyone

pakskt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakskt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Today I have received a letter from home office my application for British citizen is successful and now I will receive my ceremony letter in three weeks.

Thank you all of you with your great help .
Thanks again.

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm

pakskt wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Hi everyone,

Today I have received a letter from home office my application for British citizen is successful and now I will receive my ceremony letter in three weeks.

Thanks again.
Hi dear pakSkt congrats
I need your help please could you please tell
Me did you tick yes or no when you felling application to the question

breach of immigration did you tick yes / No
Thanks waiting for your replay

pakskt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakskt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi Khlid77 ,

If you check my first post . Where are all questions . I didn't see this question there .

Best Regards

Oliver2011
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver2011 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 am

pakskt wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks again.
Congrats pakskt,

If you could help that would be grateful.

I received same questionnaire like you , My journey as follows
2006 to 2010 July Overstayed but living with my EU wife from that period , Applied for Permission for marriage to home office in Aug 2009 and got permission in April 2010 we married in July 2010. Wife was working all that time and supporting me. I am not sure what I need to write for Question 1 for
1. What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question?

I have paper work and photographs from 2006 to till now

Thanks in Advance

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 pm

pakskt wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks again.
Thats a great news. Congratulations.

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 pm

pakskt wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks again.
Can you please tell me how you answer those questiona as im in similar situation as yours. Thanks

pakskt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakskt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:26 am

Hi guys ,

I have used legal adviser solicitor firm name, persons name, and contact details removed by moderator

What you need following :

1 Covering Letter
2 Your Wife Personal Statements
3 Your Personal Statements
4 Answer all questions
5 Send as much evidence you can send joint bills , bank statements joint Council Tax , your wife pay slips , work letter , photos , business bank statements etc ...

Everybody has different type of case well I have answered questions following :

1. What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question? ( pls provide copies of any available correspondence)

I made an application to remain in the UK on basis of my wife EEA national in mid 2007 and submitted an application for certificate of approval . the home office did not decide my application until 2009 which is when we registered our marriage and made a further application for an EEA Residence Card , Which was the granted by Home Office on 2010 .

I confirm that during the relevant period in question , I had made application to the home office to regularise my stay in the UK .

2. Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs ( pls provide any supporting evidences eg bills, tenancy agreements etc)

As stated above , I was supported by my wife and she was responsible for accommodation , maintenance and other day to day living costs .

3. Where did u live at this period and who else lived there? ( pls provide all addresses in full)

I lived with my wife at (address) from 2007 until 2011.

I did not work at all during the relevant period since I had no permission to seek employment .

(pls provide evidences)

I did not study at all during the relevant period .

I did not receive any benefits at all during the relevant period .

As stated above , I was supported by my wife and again this was in form of cash because i had no bank account .

8. Is there any other information that you wish to provide, that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?

Considering all the above, I confirm that i made attempts to regularise my stay in the UK . I further confirm that i have been a person of good character and have never become involved in any criminal activities during the relevant period in question .

I am family man and responsible for looking after my wife an children. I respect the laws and regulations and have no association with any criminal background .

In light of the above, I respectfully request the Home Office to grant my application for citizenship .

Best of luck guys .

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 am

pakskt wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:26 am
Hi guys ,

I have used legal adviser solicitor firm name, persons name, and contact details removed by moderator

What you need following :

1 Covering Letter
2 Your Wife Personal Statements
3 Your Personal Statements
4 Answer all questions
5 Send as much evidence you can send joint bills , bank statements joint Council Tax , your wife pay slips , work letter , photos , business bank statements etc ...

Everybody has different type of case well I have answered questions following :

I made an application to remain in the UK on basis of my wife EEA national in mid 2007 and submitted an application for certificate of approval . the home office did not decide my application until 2009 which is when we registered our marriage and made a further application for an EEA Residence Card , Which was the granted by Home Office on 2010 .

I confirm that during the relevant period in question , I had made application to the home office to regularise my stay in the UK .

As stated above , I was supported by my wife and she was responsible for accommodation , maintenance and other day to day living costs .

I lived with my wife at (address) from 2007 until 2011.

I did not work at all during the relevant period since I had no permission to seek employment .

(pls provide evidences)

I did not study at all during the relevant period .

I did not receive any benefits at all during the relevant period .

As stated above , I was supported by my wife and again this was in form of cash because i had no bank account .

Considering all the above, I confirm that i made attempts to regularise my stay in the UK . I further confirm that i have been a person of good character and have never become involved in any criminal activities during the relevant period in question .

I am family man and responsible for looking after my wife an children. I respect the laws and regulations and have no association with any criminal background .

In light of the above, I respectfully request the Home Office to grant my application for citizenship .

Best of luck guys .
Kindly desist from posting Any solicitor information or contact details and names on the forum. This is not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

star786star
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by star786star » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:49 am

Oliver2011 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 am
pakskt wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks again.
Congrats pakskt,

If you could help that would be grateful.

I received same questionnaire like you , My journey as follows
2006 to 2010 July Overstayed but living with my EU wife from that period , Applied for Permission for marriage to home office in Aug 2009 and got permission in April 2010 we married in July 2010. Wife was working all that time and supporting me. I am not sure what I need to write for Question 1 for
1. What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question?

I have paper work and photographs from 2006 to till now

Thanks in Advance
hi oliver
any update regarding your case