ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card for naturalisation ....confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zebra88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ethiopia

BRP card for naturalisation ....confusion

Post by zebra88 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi, i was hoping you guys can shade a little light on my confuse.

Ive been in the UK for the last 14 years on ILR ( father is a naturalised british citizen and i migrated here as a minor). Ive finally managed to apply for my naturalisation via NCS on the 31st of january 2018. I enrolled my BRP on the 13th of february and i was informed i should get my brp card through the post. Its coming up to nearly a month now and i have not recieved anything so far.

So my questions are :-

how long should i give it before i contact someone about it?

If i get approval letter (fingers crossed ☺) before my BRP card what am i suppose to cut up and send out after ceremony? Can i even have the ceremony?

I am just super anxious because i have had issues with royal mail last year and missing posts. It is rectified now but i cant help but worry.

Thanks for reading ☺

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BRP card for naturalisation ....confusion

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm

When applying for AN and giving your biometrics you will not receive a BRP card. Whot told you there would be a card in the post? This is not correct. Next thing you should received is your decision letter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zebra88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ethiopia

Post by zebra88 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Hey, thank you so much for the reply. I actually recieved my approval letter and ceremony invititation today! 😊
I was informed by the post office worker when i enroled my biometrics! Clearly wrong information!

Once i attend ceremony next Tuesday, do i not need to send anything to HO before recieveing my passport then?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:58 pm

If you applied for passport at the same time as BC then that should be in the post some time after your ceremony. The council will inform HO that you attended the ceremony. Otherwise, you apply using the form from the post office.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.