ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Extension query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Roxy1913
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M Extension query

Post by Roxy1913 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 am

Hello

Anyone that can give some advice would be very much appreciated as im very worried.

FLR M applied 14th Nov 2017
They contactedm me via email on 4th Jan explaining how nomrally a decision is made within 8 weeks however in my circumstances this has not been possible ... etc.. and asked for additional information. The only thing they requested was the English language test certificate. With my application i had provided the electronic ref number. I sent this within a hour of the request.

Since I have heard nothing back. Inbetween roughly mid feb I provided them with my new employment contract also.

I emailed to get a reply about the progress of my application but nothing. Last night i emailed again out of desperation explaining the urgent need to travel at the end of march. I recieved the following as a reply back...

Thank you for your email. A decision has not yet been made on your application, however if you need to travel you would have to withdraw your application. You would then need to collect your passport from the port from which you were leaving the UK.

So my question is, looking at the above reply, does that mean that my application is complicated and hence why there isnt a decsion or isit because they just simply are very busy and havent had the chance to check.

Furthermore Is there any possible way of speeding up my application?? Me and my spouse wanted to travel for a cricket tournament end of March, not travelling would mean I would loose over £10,000 :cry:

I am so worried about this now, having applied in Nov i didnt expect it to take this long. I guess Im more worried that its complicated and will be a rejection.

Roxy1913
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M Extension query

Post by Roxy1913 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Roxy1913 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 am
Hello

Anyone that can give some advice would be very much appreciated as im very worried.

FLR M applied 14th Nov 2017
They contactedm me via email on 4th Jan explaining how nomrally a decision is made within 8 weeks however in my circumstances this has not been possible ... etc.. and asked for additional information. The only thing they requested was the English language test certificate. With my application i had provided the electronic ref number. I sent this within a hour of the request.

Since I have heard nothing back. Inbetween roughly mid feb I provided them with my new employment contract also.

I emailed to get a reply about the progress of my application but nothing. Last night i emailed again out of desperation explaining the urgent need to travel at the end of march. I recieved the following as a reply back...

Thank you for your email. A decision has not yet been made on your application, however if you need to travel you would have to withdraw your application. You would then need to collect your passport from the port from which you were leaving the UK.

So my question is, looking at the above reply, does that mean that my application is complicated and hence why there isnt a decsion or isit because they just simply are very busy and havent had the chance to check.

Furthermore Is there any possible way of speeding up my application?? Me and my spouse wanted to travel for a cricket tournament end of March, not travelling would mean I would loose over £10,000 :cry:

I am so worried about this now, having applied in Nov i didnt expect it to take this long. I guess Im more worried that its complicated and will be a rejection.
I spoke with the UKVI contact centre today, the gentlemen advised me that my application is well overdue now. I asked if it was to be rejected and we appealed, could we travel abroad and back to uk during the appeal time and he said yes you can but its not advisable. He took the applicants details, and advised someone will be in touch to let me know the progress...

Later i recieved this ...

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre. 

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

Has anyone been in a similiar situation? Is there anything I can do to get a decision sooner?

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Sometimes asking your MP to chase up the application can help, but it may not be resolved by the end of March.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Roxy1913
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roxy1913 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm
Sometimes asking your MP to chase up the application can help, but it may not be resolved by the end of March.
Thank you Casa, I have just done that now. Lets see what happens. :?

Runninggirl
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Runninggirl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am

I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer, but I'm wondering what email you're using to contact them as I am in a similar situation.Thank you.

Roxy1913
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roxy1913 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Runninggirl wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am
I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer, but I'm wondering what email you're using to contact them as I am in a similar situation.Thank you.
I called the homeoffice, as it was outside of the PSS they sent a email through to that department and said I shall be contacted in the next few working days with a update on my application.

I received the email from UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I have replied to this email also and received corrospondence back.