ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg. HSMP extension for my wife

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sagarjv

Reg. HSMP extension for my wife

Post by sagarjv » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:54 am

As my HSMP visa is expiring in Sep'08, I am planning to apply for renewal in July 08 (once the HSMP JR dust settles down).

But my wife will not be in UK when I apply for extension (as she is already in my home country at the moment). One option I have for getting her dependant visa extended is apply for her extension in my home country after my extension. But, we have to pay the fee twice (seperately for her extension in my country).

Is it allowed to apply for her extension along with my application even if she is not in UK? (i.e. send her application and passport along with mine, so that we dont have to pay twice)

Please advice..

Rgds
Sagar

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Sagar,

Your case is similar to mine...

Please see this thread..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25473

sagarjv

Post by sagarjv » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi Ashish
Thanks for your the info..
As I am going to my home country (India) in May 08 I am planning to bring my wife's passport (in person not by post) when I come back.

I am planning to apply for extension (for my wife aswell, if allowed) in Jul 08. As I am going to India again in Aug 08 (after the extension), I am planning to carry my wife's passport and leave it in India. So, the passport is not sent/received via Post.

Is this allowed?

Rgds
Sagar

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Not sure buddy,

But i think that it might illegal to do so...The legal way would be applying for EC from India...Or bring your wife back to UK for this period.(It might be same cost though...Airline ticket will cost u 350 any ways..)

The problem is Tier 1 EC fee is 650 ,while HSMP EC was 250..So this is really sad and bad...I WONT go for any more FLR..I am trying to save some money and these guys go on increasing(doubling!!!) immigiration fees as they r aware that we dont have any option but to pay the fees !!!

sagarjv

Post by sagarjv » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:02 pm

I will ring Home Office in next few day and update the outcome..

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:18 pm

You cant send your wife's passport to home office for extension without her presence in the host contry. That will be illigal.

sagarjv

Thanks

Post by sagarjv » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks for your inputs..

Rgds
Sagar