ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paid appeal ==> Got approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ShoaibJaved

Paid appeal ==> Got approved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:25 am

Salam,
Thanks a lot this forum has been of great help to me. Following is the history of my application.

Under 28 application
Initial application submitted: 15th June 2004
Sent in tax returns: Oct 2004
Rejection on account of "graduate level experience" : 10th Jan 2005
Sent in Paid review application alongwith,
1. Detailed experience letter from employer
2. Document detailing employee heirarchy in the company
3. Job advertisement by the company i work for (it stated the requirement of being graduate)
4. All the documents I sent in with the original application

Review application received by HO: 14 Feb 2005
Application approval date: 18 Feb 2005 (my 28th birthday :D )

After reading some posts on the forum I sent my salary slips, bank statement and letter from accountant to show earnings for the period June to Feb. I sent those on 22nd Feb and they still haven't reached HSMP team. My approval suggests that they took my application purely as a review appliction and evaluated according to my initial application and the additional evidence I submitted.

I took out the original degree certificates and included notarized copies of them in the review application.
Also the person who signed my rejection letter was different than the one who approved it.

Once again thanks a lot everyone.

Shoaib

mbg

Post by mbg » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:32 am

ShoaibJaved,
Congratulations for your approval.
I am in the same situation as you - I applied under 28, got refusal mid of Feb and now preparing for review. The issues is that I am over 28 now, so I want to keep the previous period (as under 28 ) but still want to submit new evidences (tax returns) - I need to ask for a review based on new evidences but keeping the original period for age and earnings. So can you advice me what form did you fill - did you send new application form or just send a letter asking for a review and attached the new evidences? Did you mention in your letter that you want a review based on the new evidences but the old period for earnings?
All the best,
mbg

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:45 am

If you supply any new evidence, it becomes a brand new application, and thus the rules will apply as of the submission date. You may of course appeal that they consider your app under the earlier rules, but I don't think you can count on that.

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:55 pm

"If you supply any new evidence, it becomes a brand new application, and thus the rules will apply as of the submission date."

I am not so sure about what you are saying. I will try to explain my situation again and then you decide what happened.

Date of submission of my initial application was 15th June I had submitted earning proof (tax returns) for the period July 2003 to June 2004. Work experience evidences for the period January 2000 to Jun 2004.

For my review application I completed the new HSMP application form and paid GBP150. I added new evidence only to strengthen my actual claim of work experience (although the employer reference was upto current date and also stated the promotion I got few months ago). I did not include any new evidence to my claim of earning. I attached all the documents I had sent with the initial application.

There was no change of circumstances in my application. Everything was what I claimed in the initial application.

Had they considered my application as a totally new one then I would have missed the earning points as I did not provide them any evidence of income for the period July2004 to Feb 2005.

In earlier days of HSMP the case workers used to ask the applicants for additional documents/evidences but nowadays it seems that if insufficient evidence is presented, they reject the case and expect the applicant to send in new evidence alongwith another GBP150.

Shoaib Javed

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:40 pm

Let's hope you'll convince the case worker that it should be reviewed under the previous rules.

JhonnyECU

CONFUSED!!

Post by JhonnyECU » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:06 pm

hi all!

i am VERY confused at this moment...

until yesterday, i had thought about applying with a NEW and fresh application..

but now, i see (once more in this forum)that if i have NEW and better documents, i could have a PAID-APPEAL ando have SOMEONE (hopefully, not the same caseworker) review and approve my fresh and powerful evidence?

i just wouldnt want to WAIT that long by doing a fresh application?

please moderators suggest what i should do.

much appreciated,

jhonny
:)